motorola citrus
KathieB

has anyone had issues with the Motorola Citrus generally & with the touch screen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola citrus
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

ppatty wrote:

I have had my Citrus for about 6 months now and since the beginning I have had problems with it freezing but only now it seems to be more often then not! HELP.... What do I do?

Hi Ppatty,

Adding to previous postings, are you aware there's a software update on the Citrus? I suggest updating the software on the device if it has not already been done for helping address the freezing issue. I'm providing the benefits of the software update below along with a link to the steps for downloading this update. Please use the software update before trying the master reset.  Afterward check for any new installed Apps using up available memory on your Citrus maybe contributing to the freezing issue.  

Software update improvements include:

• Better connectivity and reduced error notification when using Wi-Fi.

• Contact pictures now display properly.

• Notifications work better when deleting or playing a message, then placing a call with faster touch-screen responsiveness.

• Ability to quickly scroll through contacts.

• Swipe unlock now operates properly.

• Enhanced ability to scroll through pictures in Gallery.

• Eliminated Backup Assistant SM Server Connection error.

• Automatic transition from USB Mode to Mass Storage in Verizon Media Manager.

• Search key is now disabled when device is locked. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: motorola citrus
rocky1874

yes  i have a lot of problems using the phone; I want to go back to my nondroid phone; it takes longer to place calls ;phone nos. are hard to find in the list.. I hate it. I bought over the phone -big mistake ;try it first at a store.; no keyboard; must touch very lightly; a l ot of mis hits; almost impossible if u have  nail tips on. a good idea of a phone- but not executed well; also poor manufacturing  has caused screen electrical issues; i have gotten no satisfaction yet. this is my first bad experience with verizon in 14 years of liking verizon; i wish they would let me get a different phone. I feel stuck; because I am; 

0 Likes
ieatpants

I have an issue with the touchscreen as well... takes a moment to respond and then sort of "catches up" and lots of buttons are pressed in one second.

this happens especially when i am trying to play a game. there is no way to do complicated key combos with this phone because of it. don't even think about playing street fighter II.

so annoying and i hate it.

i mean, i kind of like the phone, but it sucks when it won't respond.

but what can you do?

0 Likes
SarahJoeMax

Mine has a TON of issues! The typing sucks-- press, press, press... nothing, then zoom, zoom, zoom. And the swpe is a joke. I have no idea where it comes up with these words! I can delete it from the dictionary, and BAM next time, that is the word it brings up. My calendar doesn't work. My alarms don't work. My phone unlocks itself all the time. And is not able to run backup assistant since it can't stay connected to the network. It is so slow that if I were in a real emergenct I would die before it actually got me to the dialer to call 911. I hate this phone. I still have a year left on this contract, but I am seriously thinking of running it over and just being without. It causes me so much frustration!!

My husband's android phone is nothing like this. I told the customer service guys it was slow. so they had me download app killer. I go to town on that thing and my phone is still in slow motion. I tell them my calendar isn't syncing-- oh just pull the battery. Really? No that does not work!!! Pulling the battery is not a cure all!

I have taken my phone in so many times and the guys just look at me like I'm some dumb blonde female. Oh, you just haven't pulled the battery, have you used the factory charger lately? or if you press too many buttons at once it can't think.

I am so sick of being waved off like I'm some kind of idiot. I hate this phone and I hate the service I have been receiving about it.

But if you want to know how I really feel......

0 Likes
SarahJoeMax

I did finally get a replacement phone (recertified) after my phone was so slow I finally got fed up. Customer service guy (by way of 800 service) was VERY helpful!

0 Likes
LBritto569

I have had lots of issues with my citrus phone. I had to go through calling verizon, having to see if i need to update my software, then take the battery out, and then finally re-store my phone back to original settings... such a hassle and just for them to decide they need to send me a refurbished phone. I've had to get two refurbs and the second one is giving me problems now so I'll be calling them for another one today.... I think even if the refurbished phone you get works great, in a few months time it's guna have issues again. I think they should eventually just give us a different phone of the same or lesser value of our choice!!

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Community, 

I regret to hear that you are having problems with the touch screen on your Citrus.

Have you been having problems with the screen or is this something that just started happening.

Have you recently installed any new applications that could make the screen freeze?

Are you noticing that it freezes during any specific function of the phone or is it random?

I would recommend following these steps

I do realize master resetting the phone may be a troublesome process, however that is the final step in troubleshooting. 

We do have to rule out any applications that can cause devices to perform in ways other than how it is supposed to perform.

Per the manufacturer's warranty, we will replace any defective device on behalf of the manufacturer (Motorola) for the exact same make & model since that is the exact type of phone that originally purchased.

0 Likes
jenny956
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everytime i go to press a number while making a call the screen won't allow me to. The screen goes in and out and keeps doing so until i end the call.

ppatty

I have had my Citrus for about 6 months now and since the beginning I have had problems with it freezing but only now it seems to be more often then not! HELP.... What do I do?

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

its a cheap phone with minimal specs trying to run android os...

you will have tons of problems, do a master reset every few weeks and you will be okey

0 Likes