more with everything plan. edge program
mdtalcott

Can anyone give me info on the more with everything plan on the edge program as compared to the regular more with everything plan? I am trying to decide if it would be worth it to switch plans. TIA.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: more with everything plan. edge program
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Technically there is very little difference and the only real difference is you will have the Edge Program which lets you change phones every 18 months, pay full price for the phone spread out over 24 months, and when you do change phones you need to return the new phone you get now as technically on Edge you are leasing the phone and do not own it.  Downside to this is, if you return the device and Verizon decides it is not in mint condition, they will bill you for returning a not like new phone so you end up double paying for the phone.

Unless circumstances dictate that you need a new phone now and do not have an upgrade, it may be the way to go to get the new device. If you are happy with your current phone, then the switch is useless to you and actually counterproductive to you

0 Likes
mdtalcott

Thank you very much for the clarification. You have been most helpful.

Smiley Happy I do not think I want to change plans now.

chellebelle

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's a bit more involved than that.  What kind of data are we talking about using, what's the budget?  There is a big difference in how much you spend and how much time you have left.  It isn't just about a phone lease.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jakeman1 wrote:

Technically there is very little difference and the only real difference is you will have the Edge Program which lets you change phones every 18 months, pay full price for the phone spread out over 24 months, and when you do change phones you need to return the new phone you get now as technically on Edge you are leasing the phone and do not own it.

Technically, the Edge program is simply a purchasing agreement for a phone and you DO own the phone. It is not a leasing program. IF you follow through with the ENTIRE Edge program, you DO own the phone and do not have to return it. There is an OUT, though, in the program where currently if you pay 75% of your payments you can return the phone in good working condition without any physical damage and enter into another Edge plan with a new phone. This is not required, though, and you have to request it.

The Edge plan itself, though, if followed through to completion is simply a financing agreement for you to PURCHASE, not LEASE, a phone.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, you pretty much own the phone on Edge....you either pay every month for 24, pay off early, or terminate service and pay the remaining amount owed.  Once you have it, it's yours.

0 Likes