message plus text to audio message disable
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

so annoyed with my phone after update . message plus is now garbage . someone please tell me how to disable the sound text feature .

i dont want to send sound to anyone . no one wants to receive sound when i text them . has to be a cruel joke , as it has sent sound texts by accident in my pocket. im about to throw my phone in the trash

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: message plus text to audio message disable
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A factory reset can help with issues on a phone that started after a system update. The reset removes any leftover code from the old version of the OS that is causing conflict with the new version. It will also clear an temporary files that were not deleted after the update. While they are a pain, you should be willing to complete that factory reset step before replacing the phone. There is no guarantee that the replacement phone may or may not have the update too. Eventually the update will install itself on a replacement phone if it didn't come with the update already installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Use a different messaging app?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your device to be fully functional. What have you tried so far? Have you tried using a 3rd party message application?
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i have been forced into using a different messaging app, but not happy about it . when will companies learn to respect the end user ,and stop with this "we know better than you" mentality? i was very happy with my phone  and did not need a sudden major change in the way it functions. who thought of such a ridiculous notion to force a send audio for text button , with no way to disable it . a function that sends the message when you touch it and let go . so any accidental touching records and sends an audio text. at the very least ,updates like these should have an option to disable them . It's made my user experience extremely annoying for 5 days now . i liked message plus . i dont like the 3rd party message app im currently using . 98% of my phone use is text messaging . this has been such a annoyance that im seriously considering going in a different direction somehow , someway . i love my phone , kyocera brigadier, or at least i used to . but this has caused me to rethink my relationship with verizon after 5 calls to tech support after this update and nothing solved. (there are several annoyances im having with this last update ) but the biggest gripe is forcing me to change messaging apps due to one of the most ridiculous updates ive ever heard of . sound to text . wasnt that already an option ? so annoyed with verizon and this update . so thanks for everyone help but switching apps is not the solution but its all i can do . and i will never update my phone again .

Snn5
Legend

Glad that solved the issue.

0 Likes
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

solved the issue ? hardly .. everyday i am finding more issues with this latest update . the 3rd party messaging i had to start using (google messenger ) is a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . atleast 3-4 times a day the message window turns blank white , which gives the appearance that i deleted all my messages, and i cannot get back to messages without rebooting the phone . furthermore this phone now is hot all the time and the battery drains is ridiculous fast. the new notification (interupt) function is horrible and was so much better before . my phone which i really liked has now become a place of loathing . verizon tech support seems very friendly and want to help but they do absolutely nothing for any issue im having . what is the point of tech support if they cant do anything . the more i look into this the more i see many people are having the same issues with this update . i want a solution . not time wasting .

9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

your solution is not the correct answer , but i appreciate taking the time to try to help .what 3rd party messaging app do you recommend ? because ive gone thru several , all with issues . so please recommend something you think will work comparable to message plus

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly understand the frustration. What steps have you already gone through to try and solve this issue? Has the device had a factory reset since speaking with Technical Support over the phone? You can find out how to do a factory reset for your device by going here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-115434/ . Make sure all information you're wanting to keep is backed up before performing this step since it will delete everything.
TimothyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

what steps have i gone thru ? well ive tried several 3rs party messaging apps . none of which helped . they all lacked functionality and/or had serious bugs. i have not done a factory reset because i dont see what it would even help . the problems im experiancing all stem from the latest android update . every single day i have more problems with my phone . problems i never had before this update .i have talked to tech support three times and are very friendly but no one can help I don't understand  how  they put out a bad update ,that no one can do anything to resolve problems everything in my phone is buggy now and the batteries whack notifications are bad it the way it works is way is just way worse I would give anything about to go back to the old  system, and I'll never update my phone again ever.  Their so many  little weird problems that I can't even remember them all to tell tech support when i  call them.  I don't see how a factory reset would do any good considering it will just go back to the same system again.  And from what I can see online and many people are having the same problems.  Why can't why go back to my old system in this one is buggy and is not ready.  What good is tech support if they cant help?  There must be a way to go back to my old system prior to the update because it's not acceptable .my phone is not what it was . my user experiences has gone into the  garbage.  So if the only solution is for me to do a factory reset ,just to make me have the same system again am very unhappy and hate my phone.  Can I trade  my phone in for  the same model with the old system on it? that would make me happy . anything short of my old system and i will have to rethink my relationship with verizon .. this has caused me so much frustration im really contemplating alternatives to smart phones . or doing something drastic . maybe a beeper. so noe ne has been able to solve the problem so far . but i apreciate the help ,if you can actually help /

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A factory reset can help with issues on a phone that started after a system update. The reset removes any leftover code from the old version of the OS that is causing conflict with the new version. It will also clear an temporary files that were not deleted after the update. While they are a pain, you should be willing to complete that factory reset step before replacing the phone. There is no guarantee that the replacement phone may or may not have the update too. Eventually the update will install itself on a replacement phone if it didn't come with the update already installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes