keyone wifi calling
ROBLEW83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you please allow WiFi calling on our Blackberry Keyone phones.

Labels (1)
Re: keyone wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wi-Fi calling capabilities are extremely useful, ROBLEW83. We definitely want to make sure you get the assistance you need. I have completed some current research on the Blackberry Keyone and have confirmed the feature is actually not available on most carriers. There is no future date available announcing if and when that will be available for the Keyone.

Let's move forward to see if there is an alternative solution. Are you having trouble with the service at a specific location? What services are you having trouble with exactly? 

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBLEW83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get no cell service at my home, that is why it is so important to me. Non of my neighbors eother.

Bob [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not getting service, especially where you live, is concerning, ROBLEW83. We do want to remedy this situation. Also, thanks for letting us know that the issue isn't just happening to you but to your neighbors as well as that is helpful information for us. While we don't have any reported network issues in McMurray, PA, that doesn't mean you aren't having issues as clearly you are. We want bring resolution to this concern for you ASAP. I have sent a private message to you so that I can get this sorted out for you. You can check for that message here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

Ryan_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBLEW83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a  Peters Council Person and we authorized the construction of mini-towers to solve these dead spots. Since then no provider has made the installation in the Township.

The only single I can get is at the end of my driveway and walk up the street,  No fun. In the winter. WiFi calling would solve my situation.

Bob [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Maxmojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon. Which one of us cares that other carriers do not offer the WiFi service? Think that being like other phone services is why we stay with Verizon? Think it might just be this?

How To Turn On Verizon WiFi Calling On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBLEW83, having a reliable connection in my home is a priority for me too, so I can certainly see the reason for your inquiry. I would love to investigate your home area further. I have sent you a message to your inbox. Please reply to me there. 

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
Bunky67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm right there with you.  Phone is spotty at home & at camper & almost entirely at my office. It's so bad that my company installed a separate wifi network just for us to be able to get wifi calling on our phones so we don't miss an important call.  It's Verizon's fault. I just talked to Blackberry again & the phone is capable, Verizon just won't let it work because they don't sell or support the phone. Not OUR fault Verizon doesn't sell the phone & therefore won't let us have insurance.  I would've bought it through them if I could. I've been with Verizon Wireless almost the entire time I've had a cell phone (20 years) I even have the Internet at home which isn't great either, but the best I can get & ONLY my very first phone was NOT a Blackberry. I need the physical keyboard.  Not gonna change phone, but may change to a provider that tries to make sure I can get a phone call, especially since it barely works anywhere I am anymore. It used to have the best coverage.

rotaryenginepete
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rob, if you haven't got it to work, the folks at crackberry figured out how to enable keyone Wi-Fi calling on verizon.  Pasted from forum:

Just spoke with Verizon. Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Call Verizon and ask customer service to provision the phone for advanced calling

2. Provide the following information
Model : BBB 100-3
Color : Black with silver trim (not sure why they need to know, but it was asked)
Serial# : located in Settings --> About Phone --> Status. Scroll down to find your Serial #.

3. Wait, like everything else related to BB phones, of course Was told it will take 1-3 business days for them to provision the device on their network for this specific feature. Rep confirmed it's not a matter of IF they can, just WHEN they can do it, normally 24 hours from the reps previous experience.

The information will be sent to the 'Special Device Management Team' - they deal exclusively with phones that are 3rd party or direct from the manufacturer and being utilized on the Verizon network.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes