is there someone that can help me with Verizon cloud? The cloud has over 3000 contacts but that is because it has duplicated my contacts 3 times... how do I merge or delete duplicates on the cloud?
LLBowen

is there someone that can help me with Verizon cloud? The cloud has over 3000 contacts but that is because it has duplicated my contacts 3 times... how do I merge or delete duplicates on the cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is there someone that can help me with Verizon cloud? The cloud has over 3000 contacts but that is because it has duplicated my contacts 3 times... how do I merge or delete duplicates on the cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your feedback, LLBowen. I regret to learn that the editing options on VZ Cloud are causing an inconvenience. We will forward these details and hope that future enhancements will meet your needs. You do have the option of using an alternative back up option that may allow these editing features. Please refer to the following link: http://vz.to/1xQmXrC

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: is there someone that can help me with Verizon cloud? The cloud has over 3000 contacts but that is because it has duplicated my contacts 3 times... how do I merge or delete duplicates on the cloud?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

1. It depends. Many items aren't deleted from the cloud when you delete them from your device, but some are.

The following lists show what will be saved and what will be deleted in the cloud if you delete it on your device.
    • Remain saved in the cloud:
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Songs
      • Documents
    • Will be deleted from the cloud:
      • Contacts
      • Text and multimedia messages
      • Call logs

0 Likes
LLBowen

Thats not accurate. .. i deleted contacts on my device but they are still

on the cloud. And now I have two or three duplicates of the same contacts

in the cloud and I need to get rid of them how do I do that without

deleting each one individually off the cloud?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

that's straight from vzw faq on vcloud- resync again from phone

0 Likes
LLBowen

Everytime i resync it adds another copy of contacts. .. i have the same

contacts duplicated 3 times

0 Likes
Onijitsu

I think I've run into some similar problems. My Verizon cloud service only contains about six contacts, and I'm completely nuts, trying to explain why.

I might suggest you bypass Verizon's cloud service,  and sign up for a free Gmail/Google account. You get free, "Google Drive" cloud storage. (15 Gigs) And, best of all, you can download the Google Drive app to manage it. Some apps will cooperate, and allow you the option to upload to, or download from, Google Drive.

I think that to back up my contacts, I'm going to use the Import/Export option in the menu, export the card files, and upload those.

If you have a personal computer, there ought to be a way to synch Contacts as well, by plugging the USB cable from your phone's charger into your computer's USB port.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LLBowen,

This can definitely be frustrating when all those contacts are duplicating. We are here to help! Have you been able to go to the cloud in the my Verizon account & delete the duplicates? When you delete the duplicates, you will have to scroll down on page and empty the trash as well.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You need to log directly into Verizon Cloud and delete the extra contacts.  After that I would go onto the phone and change ALL of your contacts to Google Contacts and let Google backup and sync them. Then back to the cloud to delete the remaining contacts.  I would use Google Drive to backup Pictures and anything else you need backed up and SMS Backup and Restore to backup your Text Messages.

You can change the contacts to Google Contacts using a free app called Contact Optimizer (it will change them in Bulk) or one by one on the device.

0 Likes
LLBowen

Seriously!!!!??? I said there are over 3K contacts... 80% are duplicates

... I stated the whole issue is that there is no way I am going to be able

to delete one by one on the cloud ... the cloud doesn't let you pick more

than one at a time to delete . Which is why I'm asking for help ... the

cloud needs an option to merge duplicates or delete duplicates .

On Aug 28, 2015 6:03 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your feedback, LLBowen. I regret to learn that the editing options on VZ Cloud are causing an inconvenience. We will forward these details and hope that future enhancements will meet your needs. You do have the option of using an alternative back up option that may allow these editing features. Please refer to the following link: http://vz.to/1xQmXrC

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes