is the cloud the best way to backup contacts and photos
whonu666

What is the best way to backup contacts & photos when upgrading from GalaxyS 3 to S5 ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is the cloud the best way to backup contacts and photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question whonu666. I personally use the Verizon Cloud and have had great successes with it. I know how important it is to have your content backed up and safe. Here is a link that will help you back up your info and have it ready to transfer to your new phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The best way for you to back up your contacts and photos are as follows.

Contacts - Save all contacts as Google Contacts and let Google back up and sync your contacts.  It is the most reliable and uses the least amount of resources to do this and it is virtually real time.

Photos - Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Skydrive or Google+ if you use it.

Using any of the Carriers Clouds is asking for a difficult time and not the most accurate of storage as well as many issues when trying to retrieve the info saved

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I agree with . I use Google (Gmail) to back up my contacts. For photos, I use the Drive app.  Don't forget to set it up so that it will back up only when you are connected to Wi-Fi, so you don't use up your data.

Doc

AZSALUKI
Legend

i agree with both of the above on google for contacts. i use dropbox AND drive for photos (i'm paranoid). with photos, it depends on your needs. i back up a TON of photos so i have a paid subscription to dropbox. the nice thing about most of these services, is that you can set them up to upload automatically. as doc mentioned though, set it to do this over wifi only. the other thing to consider besides the size of space you will need, is the quality. nearly all of the backup options will compress your photo files a bit, so you won't have to full quality of the original file. there are a couple of them out there though, that will backup the actual original file size. they also vary in price, if you need a lot a storage space. i am actually looking in to skydrive because with it's paid subscription, you can get office360 included (or heavily discounted).

0 Likes