is it better to use chrome or internet when wifi is available as far as data usage goes?
millpond

Is it better to use chrome or wifi regarding data usage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is it better to use chrome or internet when wifi is available as far as data usage goes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a very interesting question Patsy. Using Chrome or Internet explorer will use about the same amount of data, as data usage is associated to the content that you see and not the browser you use. However, if you are connected to a WiFi network you are not using cellular data and all data usage is completely free for you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: is it better to use chrome or internet when wifi is available as far as data usage goes?
Snn5
Legend

Reading your question literally, you can use Chrome to browse the Internet, or any other compatible browser.  You must first have a connection to the Internet before you can browse it.  However, using WiFi when available is preferable over Mobile Data, unless the WiFi connection is not secured, IE.., public unsecured WiFi locations.  If you are perhaps referring to Internet Explorer, I do not know of such an app for Android, and if you are referring to the stock/built-in app called "Browser" then I might use Chrome over that app, as the stock app is generally limited in function and Chrome is updated much, much more often.  Chrome also has a setting to compress data to save on data usage.  But to answer your question literally as it regards how you asked...Chrome can be used on WiFi and Mobile Data.  WiFi will use no data from your plan.  So, therefore, to use the least data, use Chrome on a WiFi connection.

0 Likes