instant messaging on the fritz
BCDJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Verizon update 20Feb my instant messaging will allow me to enter one contact and will not allow me to enter text. curser remains in contact address box. Anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: instant messaging on the fritz
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BCDJr I understand how important using your text service is, I depend on my text daily. With the new software update the steps are different. You have to tap the (+) in the lower right to type. Let's check the software on the phone. From the home screen tap apps - tap settings - tap about phone - tap software. Please let us know what you see so we can continue our troubleshooting.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BCDJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like messenger has changed. now requires text in the signature box

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BCDJr,

Updating apps on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. It does concern us to hear you are having some trouble but we will work to get this resolved for you. What kind of phone do you have? Do you have any luck when closing the app completely and trying to go back in? 

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BCDJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing this problem with the LG G3; I've completely left the app and returned - same problem, I've rebooted the phone and returned to find the same problem. The app allows me to type my text into the signature box but not the larger screen above the signature box and below the addressee box . This isn't right, is it? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We knot instant messaging is important BCDJr .Are you using a specific application? Does your phone have the latest software?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BCDJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

To my knowledge, I'm using the application that came installed on my LG G3 when I purchased it from Verizon; I always update all software as soon as I receive notice, so I'm going to say it is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BCDJr I understand how important using your text service is, I depend on my text daily. With the new software update the steps are different. You have to tap the (+) in the lower right to type. Let's check the software on the phone. From the home screen tap apps - tap settings - tap about phone - tap software. Please let us know what you see so we can continue our troubleshooting.
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes