incredible 4g lte update issue
lonewolf216

hi i have an incredible 4g lte and it wont let me update to the new software im still running android 4.0.3 software number 1.43..605.3 710RD and every time i go to system update it says checking for update then disappears and then does nothing when i check the status its all blank does anyone else have this issue ive tried a full system reset as suggested by tech support and that did nothing someone help me please :'(

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: incredible 4g lte update issue
lonewolf216

so i guess verizon doesnt really care to fix this issue and would like to lose another costumer thanks to poor customer service

0 Likes
SBMongoos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  never received this update either. After checking some resources the answers all came back the same. Swap the phone out. So that's what I did.  What motivated me to do so is I've also been having issues with calls on bluetooth. Tried 5 different units from Jawbone (four Icons and one Era) and two different models.  All the same issue on both phones however. 😞  I drive a stick shift and really want bluetooth to work. Doesn't matter if I'm outside walking or in the car.  Everyone says the quality of my voice is bad. Choppy, echoie and/or clipping.

But...to stay on topic if you really want the update you'll probably have to swap it out. They can work with HTC to get the update pushed to your phone. But it may not work. I had a similar issue with another model phone and could never get the OTA to work. Same with the HTC that I just swapped out. I could check for updates but never got any results.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to get the update on your device, lonewolf216! There has to be something that is blocking the update from reaching your device and that would deem it as a manufacturer's defect.
Since that update has not happened a replacement device would be recommended. Please contact us at 800.922.0204 option 3 in order to get the order placed.
We can replace it as long as there is no physical/liquid damage to the Incredible 4G LTE.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes