htc droid blank screen while on phonecall
jaydel10

Does anyone have a problem with their htc droid screen going blank while on a phone call? I assume it is a battery saving feature but the problem is that if you need to do things like access your contacts or enter your voicemail password or even disconnect the call, the screen is blank and you cannot do these things.  Is there a change in the settings that can keep the phone on or what other options are there?  It is so annoying to use this way.  This is actually my second one because I returned the first one for this same problem thinking it was a problem with that particular phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: htc droid blank screen while on phonecall
gambler2025
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Eris does the same but when I remove the phone from my ear the screen turns back on. I believe I read another thread about this that possibly has a fix.

0 Likes
cb2000

Also, if the screen does not come back just wave your finger over the screen about half an inch off and it should respond. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jaydel10 wrote:

Does anyone have a problem with their htc droid screen going blank while on a phone call? I assume it is a battery saving feature but the problem is that if you need to do things like access your contacts or enter your voicemail password or even disconnect the call, the screen is blank and you cannot do these things.  Is there a change in the settings that can keep the phone on or what other options are there?  It is so annoying to use this way.  This is actually my second one because I returned the first one for this same problem thinking it was a problem with that particular phone.

My G1 does the same thing.Goes blank while I am talking to someone. However I found that if I bring up the dial pad then my phone will stay lit up.

0 Likes