how to set childs smartphone to text and voice only
j_d1

I am interested in setting a childs smartphone on my accout to be able to text and use voice(make and receive calls).

Is this possible? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to set childs smartphone to text and voice only
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to look into Family Base:

Verizon FamilyBase™ FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
j_d1

Looked at Family Base info, that would not do what I would like to do and that would to be able to limit the smartphone to be only able to text and use voice.

I will continue to research.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could put a basic phone on the line rather than a smartphone and block data ... not only would it not allow data usage, but your bill would be lower (by how much depends on which plan you're on).

thatguy645

are you just trying to stop them from using your data or are you not wanting them to use wifi either??

0 Likes
j_d1

I am attempting to try and prevent them using the smart phone to to get to any social media sites, ie twitter, snapchat, kik, tumbler, instagram, etc.....

0 Likes
thatguy645

Well the droid mini has the newer versions of android which allow you to make a "guest account." I would go to the settings on the phone and look for an option that should say guest or user. If the option is there it would be the easiest way do do what you are looking for.

On android when you set up a guest accout you make a second password (or pattern) for the second account. You can keep the first password  for the main account where you would be able to decide on what apps to use (like phone, contacts, or messaging) and your son/daughter would only be able to use those apps and if they wanted a game and you are okay with it you could enter your password download the game and add it to their user. This would give them full control for you on what they could access as far as apps go and they would still have full use of the phone and texts.

0 Likes