how do you delete miscellaneous files to create more system ?
GreenEyedLady1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need to create more space and do not know what files I can delete.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do you delete miscellaneous files to create more system ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mboom, I can totally understand your concern. There is some memory that is set aside from the 16GB of memory for software and the android operating system. The Samsung Galaxy S5 does have the wonderful feature to add expandable memory of up to 128GB microSD Card (sold separately).
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GreenEyedLady1, I understand wanting to create more space in the phone.  Storage capacity is important to me as well. What make and model phone do you have? Are you just trying to delete the miscellaneous files?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GreenEyedLady1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung 4

On Oct 28, 2015 11:34 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Mboom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have even done a hard reset on my galaxy s5 and it still shows 5.75 g is being used on miscellaneous files. I believe those files cannot be erased it is been used by the phone when you purchase it. And I I'm paying for 16 gigs I should be able to get the full 16 gigs

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mboom, I can totally understand your concern. There is some memory that is set aside from the 16GB of memory for software and the android operating system. The Samsung Galaxy S5 does have the wonderful feature to add expandable memory of up to 128GB microSD Card (sold separately).
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon reps are spot-on in this case. A 16GB phone will have some of the space taken up for the factory image, which can be fairly big. No way to delete that (easily, and without voiding your warranty). I'd suggest using the SD card route. 128GB worth of SD card storage is around $50 with shipping included for most places. Although not as fast as the onboard storage, it's far less expensive than paying Samsung for 128GB of flash Smiley Happy. Store your large videos and photos on the SD Card, stuff some large games onto it as well.

Here's a recommendation on a MicroSD card: http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-128GB-Transfer-Speeds-PSF128GMCSDHXC10/dp/B00SNLIG5O/

0 Likes
T-J-
Enthusiast - Level 3

You cannot delete system files.  Verizon makes phone manufactures but their junk and bloatware on phones before they sell them to you.  The best thing you can do is get an SD card to expand space.  Get at least a 64gb SD card they are around $20 these days.  Look at a deal site like slickdeals.net to find some deals.

You get a phone that has 16gb or 32gb and you use a few gb to formatting and a few more gb to system files.  I hate when android manufactures do NOT add an SD card slot to phones.  This is the stupid Apple iPhone platform.  Make several sizes 16gb 32gb 64gb 128gb phones and not include SD card slot so they can force you to pay an additional amount of money per 16gb or 32gb when adding the additional memory barely increases the cost of the phone.  or they want you to start using and paying for cloud services or use more expensive data.

Mboom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an SD card. I will not upgrade to the 6 for the fact that they took to SD slot away.

When Verizon or most any phone company add 20 apps to your phone that you can't delete and or will never use instead of them just being a suggested app by the phone carrier and they sell you a "16" "32" "64" gig phone but in reality you are getting a "11" 26" "33" I don't believe is right. I do understand some space is need for operating & such but can you add your own 5 gig and give the consumer what they are told they are paying for & let the buyer choose what apps they want on their phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming, GreenEyedLady1. We want to make sure we help you in every way possible. Are you just trying to delete the miscellaneous files or other things off your phone as well?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes