Re: grandfathered unlimited data and back up phone?
smaruska
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure, buy a full price phone off contract and keep your unlimited plans.  Did we fail to mention that since you are not under contract anymore we can end your unlimited data at any time and there is nothing you can do about it?  Did we also fail to mention that if you want a Note II that bad Sprint and T-Mobile both offer them, oh and they both have unlmited unthrottled 4G data plans to go with it too?  Oh, sorry, our bad.

Sincerely

-Verizon

Seriously, anyone who has coverage from EITHER T-Mobile or Sprint and re-ups with VZW needs to have their head examined.  Or pays $700 for an unsubsidized phone when there is no guarantee that Verizon is going to allow grandfathered off contract unlimited users to keep their unlimited plans.  If you HAVE to have an iphone, jump to Sprint or wait 4 or 5 months which is when T-Mobile is rumored to get it.  If you want a Note II get it on T-Mobile.  Their HSPA+ covers their entire footprint, is fast, unlimited, and now unthrottled again.  Also it is being "refarmed" to run on the same bandwidths as ATT (which means any unlocked iphone will run on it by mid 2013 so even if they don't offer it themselves you can buy an ATT iphone and run it on t-mobile).  They also just bought up MetroPCS so they actually have more spectrum available now than VZW if you can believe it and the LTE they are going to start rolling out in early 2013 will be the fastest one available.  Switching is obviously assuming one has Sprint or T-Mobile coverage but the vast majority of Americans do.  I myself will be bailing when the wife and kid's contracts are up or I get too ancy for a Note II and just pay the stupid ETF and put us all on the big purple machine (or Sprint if she HAS to have an iphone although I think once she test drives the Note II she'll realize the icrap is junk compared to it).

0 Likes
12_Verizon

First off, I would like to mention that Verizon is the biggest cell phone company for a reason and obviously that reason would be of the products. Lately it seems to me like the products are still top of the line but the employees that are working in the stores have no clue of what's going on in the future of the company and have no recollection of the past. This comes to me as no surprise because most of the employees I have encounter throughout this last year have been so young and uneducated about our products it is an embarrassment. Furthermore, I think the confused employees that have little knowledge should be reevaluated. Also agents who are working for Verizon that are criticizing our company and telling customers to switch to Sprint or T-Mobile should be immediately terminated. Instead of selling phones and other devices to loyal customers they should be "flippin burgers" at the local fast food.

Thank-you

Verizon Rep

0 Likes
Not applicable

smaruska wrote:

Sure, buy a full price phone off contract and keep your unlimited plans.  Did we fail to mention that since you are not under contract anymore we can end your unlimited data at any time and there is nothing you can do about it?  Did we also fail to mention that if you want a Note II that bad Sprint and T-Mobile both offer them, oh and they both have unlmited unthrottled 4G data plans to go with it too?  Oh, sorry, our bad.

Sincerely

-Verizon

What 4G does t-mobile have? Sprint has VERY LITTLE 4G charges $10 a month more for it than 3G and DOES IN FACT throttle.

No wait you're right I'll go sign up with one of those two. Oh wait those companies don't bother to serve my area. Not even for just voice service. Apparently I'm not good enough for them. So they can both kiss my behind.

0 Likes
Agentmanremjr

Well, Sprint offers true Unlimited Data on their plans while Verizon is chasing customers out the

door by forcing them to lose their Unlimited Data when they upgrade their phone to a new one.

The way I see it Sprint is the best cell company out there!

0 Likes
virgil-606

as blackberry is a 4g phone on vzw (some are 4g) depending on model. your unlimited data plan is tied to your original phone number / account when you got vzw service. your grandfathered unlimited data plan will not change (as long as you have a 4g enabled smart phone) and DO NOT disconnect service on your original contract unlimited data plan number, period.

if the sim chips are of a different size etc, i'm sure if you buy full price or buy one from a 3rd party retailer etc vzw Can tie your original account (unlimited data) phone number/account number to the new sim chip 4g enabled smart phone.

it can't get much simpler to answer or understand than that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

virgil-606 wrote:

as blackberry is a 4g phone on vzw (some are 4g) depending on model. your unlimited data plan is tied to your original phone number / account when you got vzw service. your grandfathered unlimited data plan will not change (as long as you have a 4g enabled smart phone) and DO NOT disconnect service on your original contract unlimited data plan number, period.

if the sim chips are of a different size etc, i'm sure if you buy full price or buy one from a 3rd party retailer etc vzw Can tie your original account (unlimited data) phone number/account number to the new sim chip 4g enabled smart phone.

it can't get much simpler to answer or understand than that.

Uh? There are no currently available BlackBerry devices that are 4G LTE capable on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Agentmanremjr wrote:

Well, Sprint offers true Unlimited Data on their plans while Verizon is chasing customers out the

door by forcing them to lose their Unlimited Data when they upgrade their phone to a new one.

A) Sprint's network stinks

B) Chasing customers? Yes that is why Verizon gained more customers in 2012 than at&t, Sprint and t-mobile COMBINED. In fact Verizon gained 50% more customers in the 4th quarter than at&t did in all of 2012. Verizon continues to have the lowest churn in the industry. Verizon has had Share Everything plans and the new unlimited data policy in effect for 2 full quarters and all the experts here predicting some mass exodus of customers have been proven woefully wrong. Fact is 98% of the customers that Verizon had before July 1st 2012 are still with Verizon. Only 2% left despite the fact 25% would have had their contracts ended over the last 6 months and could have left free and clear without an ETF. Explain that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agentmanremjr wrote:

There is a fine print note attached to the "unlimited data" on the Sprint network. You are restricted to a set amount of data when roaming on another company's network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes