glalaxy s5 battery life
skeeter1973

The other day my phone showed it was cooling down, now all the sudden it wont hold a battery charge for more than 6 hours. It used to go all day! Anyone else having this issue????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: glalaxy s5 battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi skeeter1973. Sorry to hear that your battery is having issues. Do you continue to get this error, or did it only come up 1 time? Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Please let us know so that we can look into this here.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It's best to let Verizon deal with this possible issue, but you need to provide some help. Were you using a stock charger, had the phone been in a sunny area, or being used in short or long charging cycles. Li-ion cells are great power sources but can be a danger if not used and charge in the correct manner. Work with Verizon on this one to be safe and enjoy your phone.

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you still having the battery life issue? My S5 just started it since I did the Lollipop update. I have yet to find a fix for it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having issues with your battery staying charged HeyHank.Are you using your original charger that came with your phone? Have you tried to let the device charge to 100%? Here is a link to our trouble-shooting assitant tha will also have you with some of your issues and concerns http://vz.to/1cDHA27 . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally gave up on Verizon to get us an update fix, caved and did the factory reset. I left some apps uninstalled, and my battery life is much better since, (its only been a week) so we'll see how it goes going forward. The complaint I have is that we pay this high dollar for Verizon "service", yet we can't rely on Verizon to get us the update we need to fix our issues, instead we have to jump thru all the useless hoops that don't resolve anything, and end up having to do the time consuming factory reset which in some cases doesn't change a thing. Smiley Sad

0 Likes