fvanbalen
fvanbalen

What causes an "Authentication Failed" message when I try to refresh my email account? I have it set on manual and I can not download an of my emails.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: fvanbalen
hazegurlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you provide additioanl information? What phone do you have? Are you able to do other things with the phone, like talk, text or browse? Is it only the email that is affected?

0 Likes
Not applicable

fvanbalen wrote:

What causes an "Authentication Failed" message when I try to refresh my email account? I have it set on manual and I can not download an of my emails.

Well to answer your question that error message means your "log in name or password" was not accepted by your isp or email server.  Now my question to you would be are you using the stock email app that came with your phone? Or is it a stand along email app from the Google Play Store?  The stock app on the phone is buggy and not reliable, if you have a Yahoo or AOL/AIM Mail or Outlook/Hotmail Account go to the play store and get the stand alone app. Then after you put your login name and password in the mail apps and set up your accounts.  Go back to that crappy email app that came on the phone and delete them.  Also there is a stand alone GMail App if you use that for email.  Good Luck

fvanbalen

I have a LG Lucid (VS840) and I believe the email app is the one that came

with the phone. I sync up with Outlook and I did change my password for

outlook on my Verizon plan and I had to update my laptop to be able to

replicate and receive new messages. I do not see where I can update the

password on my phone though and I think that is the problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You don't need to update your email address or password.

Go to the Google Play Store on your phone and download the stand alone Outlook Email App.

You don't need to use that email app that came with your LG it really is a crappy email interface.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.outlook.Z7

0 Likes