contact cleanup
peroluna

I am in cloud cleaning up my contacts. 

I have alot so I am doing a group each day. 

Question,.... if I sync after each cleanup, will the sync take my cloud and update my phone OR will it sync the contacts i have on my phone back into the cloud.  

I don't want to repeat the process each day. 

0 Likes
Re: contact cleanup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

peroluna

We don't want this to be a redundant process for you. When you first open the Verizon Cloud app on your device, you'll go through a setup process that will initiate the first backup of your content. Did you set up your device to sync contacts on a daily basis? Do you sync your device everytime that you may changes to your contacts? 

For more information regarding how Verizon Cloud works, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
peroluna

I have had this phone for a couple of years and yes my contacts have been sync'd daily since then. I sync when I add or delete.

I have hotmail and comcast on my phone as well as google. 

SO I noticed that I had duplicate entries...ie 9000 contacts when I know its not that much.

so I logged into cloud to erase the duplicates since they are all sync'd together now.   

I am noticing that when I look at my phone there are still dups even though I know I deleted them in the cloud and I am not sure why.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

peroluna, thanks for reaching out to us about this. I totally understand your concern. Just to clarify, are you still seeing the dups in the phone it's self? Or, are you talking about the cloud?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
peroluna

cloud looks good,  its the phone when I look at it.   

I did some clean up yesterday and I sync'd while in the cloud when I was finished but noticed today that I still had duplicate entries of contacts I cleaned up the day before.  So I am not sure I am doing this right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

peroluna, thanks for those details. Clearing out the cloud does not remove them from the device. You will now need to delete any dups you see directly from the phone's Contacts. Does this make sense?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
peroluna

Can I merge those contacts on the phone.  Is that the same or given the amount of contacts it says will that freeze my phone?

0 Likes
peroluna

Can I merge those contacts on the phone.  Is that the same or given the amount of contacts it says will that freeze my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, peroluna. Being able to clean up the device a bit is essential. What is the make and model of the device that you're currently using? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information, peroluna. However, we need to gather some basic information about your phone you did provide when asked. It's important we know as much information so we can guide you along the troubleshooting process. What is the make and model of the device that you're currently using? How are you accessing the Verizon Cloud?   EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes