circle with man inside icon won't come off front screen.
zupatun

content://media/external/file/2585. Don't know if you can see my screenshot but this stupid icon won't go away and I can't figure out how to remove. Touching it brings u p a widget with volume up/down, power, home and pinch.

Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: circle with man inside icon won't come off front screen.
zupatun
0 Likes
zupatun
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zupatun,

This is a very strange icon to run across, but we'll figure it out together. Does it stay on your screen even when you're viewing the Home screen or does it only show up when you're viewing a browser? Also, which make/model phone do you have and how long has the icon been there?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

This Icon was installed by one of your apps that were installed from the Play Store.  If you swipe down on the notification bar you will see it displayed and it should tell you which application it is from. You can then either remove the app or go into settings and turn off the Notification Icons (if they set it up this way and most do)

0 Likes
zupatun

Stays on screen in all apps...I have an LG G2. I look at running apps in app manager and can't see any obvious app running..I see nothing on the notification bar either.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

If it is an app that is always on, then yes it will show up all the time regardless of which app is open.  If you swipe down on th notification bar it will open a menu. From there anything with a notification on the left hand side will display and you would be able to see which app it is from.

You can also click on the line with that icon or each one for that matter and see which one has the app associated to the icon. Then you can try the settings

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zupatun,

Sorry to see you have an image on your screen which will not go away. If the previous suggestion does not allow for identification, try placing the phone in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1lZdbMN . This disables most 3rd party apps. Does the image go away in Safe Mode? That will indicate it is likely a result an app download. Go to Settings> Application Manager> Downloaded. You can selectively uninstall downloaded apps until the offending app is removed. Best guess is that is a messaging app of some kind as they typically will remain on your screen like that. Hope that helps!

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stebo1951

I had the same problem.  I went to notification and did not see the exact icon.  I clicked on a location icon in notification and the man with the circle went away.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Looks like something in the accessibility menu. That is the icon for it anyway. Someone may have been playing in that menu.

0 Likes