after update a few weeks ago, battery drain & slow recharge
kkells
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like SO MANY other Verizon customers, my phone's battery drains three times faster and is slower to recharge since a recent Verizon update.

I have an HTC One. But that's not really relevant because I've recently learned that this has happened with MANY different phones (LG, Samsung, iPhone, Edge), based on talking with friends and family who are Verizon customers AND by reviewing forums online.

I only have a few apps installed and enabled, because I'm one of those rare birds who uses my phone primarily as a phone.

It's a very difficult problem for HTC One, since the battery is not removable so I can't carry a spare to swap out after a few hours. As a busy professional, I'm not able to plug in the phone every few hours to re-charge, so it keeps running out of juice.

Please, Verizon, take care of this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: after update a few weeks ago, battery drain & slow recharge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kkells, we're stepping in to take care of this. You mentioned that you have a few applications downloaded to your phone. Let's run your device in safe mode to determine if an application is conflicting with the recent software update http://vz.to/1zBMJCJ  Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset / run slow. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: after update a few weeks ago, battery drain & slow recharge
kkells
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. The thing draining my battery is, like so many others are reporting, are the Android OS, Android System, and System UI.

Good luck figuring this out!

0 Likes