Would a samsung galaxy folder 2 unlocked from overseas work on Verizon?
Chrisp68
Enthusiast - Level 1

As stated in title. Just curious about it, someone i know likes the flip phone smartphone concept they have in Asia and i thought about gifting one.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Would a samsung galaxy folder 2 unlocked from overseas work on Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a GSM only phone and not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's quite a lot of discussion about "unlocked" phones, Chrisp68. I'm glad you're asking about this potential purchase ahead of time. It's unclear whether the Galaxy Folder 2 would work here on our network. It is not in our current lineup of devices. In order to find out if it can be used on our network, you'll need the Device ID. Using this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/#checkDevice you can then determine whether or not it will work on our network. Does this help answer your question?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chrisp68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the reply. I guess I probably won't figure it out then since i don't want to purchase it for the device ID only to find that it may not work. Thank you again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a GSM only phone and not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.