Wiping data from a Stratosphere when display is broken
TheBamaFan

The display broke on my Stratosphere.  My replacement arrived to day.  Of course I have to return the broken one.  I use this phone for work and I would rather not have my contacts and saved emails be on there when it is returned.  Anybody know of a way to wipe the data from phone when you can't view the display?

Thanks.

Update:

Is there a keyboard combination that can be used to do a Factory Reset which would also delete all of the data on the device?

Message was edited by: Carey Lott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wiping data from a Stratosphere when display is broken
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Thebamafan

I'm glad you got your replacement device. How was your original device's display damaged? If your display still partially works you can try a alternate hard reset. Here's a link to the reset: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47757#alternative

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Wiping data from a Stratosphere when display is broken
TheBamaFan

Actually, I'm not sure how it got damaged.  I used it to check the weather early in the morning then put it in my back pocket where it always resides when not in use, touch screen facing in.  A couple of hours later I pulled it out to check an email and the screen would not come on.  The menu, home, return, and search icons lit up but not the screen.  After a while I finally had it at the right angle to notice that there was a crack in the LCD screen in the lower left corner.  The outer glass wasn't cracked.  I hadn't dropped it (at least not that day), but there was a noticeable crack.  It seemed to be in the worst place possible because it kept the entire screen from working.

Thanks for the Hard Reset instructions, but since I can't see the screen at all.  I don't believe it will work.  If you have any other ideas, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks Again for responding,

Carey

0 Likes