Windows XP shows MTP device, but no access to folders
williwaw

I am relatively new to my Razr M phone. I am trying to connect it via USB to my computer that has Windows XP in order to download music files onto it. When I first connected the phone to the computer it automatically downloaded the Motorola Device Manager. When I got to My Computer I can see the MTP Device icon. When I click on it it opens, but is blank without any folders and I can't create any new folders. I have gone through the trouble shooting that I can find on-line, which recommended I update to the latest version of Windows XP then restart everything and try again, which I have done. No dice.  Any ideas of what to do next??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows XP shows MTP device, but no access to folders
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Something did not install right.. After the drivers are installed.. You should see "XT907" as drive under "Computer" when the Razr M is attached with the USB cable. I am using XP with Service Pack 3 installed.

I found this forum posting online, not sure if this helps

Well, don't ask me exactly how it's different, but you have to use a Motorola specific cord. A standard USB to micro USB won't work.

Using the cord I got with the phone, my Macs now connect with the Android Transfer app. I was able to drag the whole itunes music folder onto the music file on the phone's SD card.

I'm happy now

Another posting about Cables

Well, the only thing I never tried with my original phone was to use the Original cable. So, now that it crossed my mind, I tried it with most current problem on my replacement phone, and BINGO. All this due to a cable

>Removed Profanity<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Windows XP shows MTP device, but no access to folders
williwaw

Thanks! I suspected that the drivers didn't install right, so I tried reinstalling them, but it didn't do anything. Finally I deleted the entire Motorola Device Manager, then re-downloaded and installed it yet again. This time the XT907 showed up and I could actually access all the folders on my phone!  Yay!!  Thanks so much.

0 Likes