Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
rcschnoor
Legend

KnightDesign wrote:

It is becoming more apparent to me that Verizon is going to block Samsung Pay indefinitely. I would assume it is to push their own technological agenda whatever that may be. This thread it makes it apparent that Verizon is in bed with Google and Apple due to how quickly it approved Apple pay, and how much Customer Service is pushing Android Pay as an alternative.

It is not that Verizon approved ApplePay, it is that they are selling iPhones. If Verizon didn't "approve" ApplePay, they wouldn't be able to sell iPhones as Apple would have simply not supplied them with any iPhones without ApplePay on it. Samsung could have done the same thing, they chose not to do so.

Apple is unafraid to throw their weight around in order to have their products sold AS THEY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THEM SOLD. Samsung is not that confident in Verizon falling in line were they to do the same. Verizon may or may not have caved had they done so.

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest reply from Samsung Customer Support.

"Samsung Pay is still in talks with Verizon carrier and the Samsung pay will available soon for the verizon carrier but we do not have the exact date or time frame."

When asked regarding an official location to download the Samsung Pay APKs.  The following was the response.

"I would like to inform you that Samsung pay is not available in any of the APK formats."

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because the ones out there were ripped from sprint phones

0 Likes
KnightDesign
Enthusiast - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

Apple is unafraid to throw their weight around in order to have their products sold AS THEY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THEM SOLD. Samsung is not that confident in Verizon falling in line were they to do the same. Verizon may or may not have caved had they done so.

Interesting. You're right, it does appear that Apple has much larger "Courage" than Samsung. Consumers will blindly eat up whatever apple feeds them. So they can do pretty much whatever they want. I don't think Samsung had quite as much sway, especially with their last flagship the S5 being such a disappointment. Samsung's rush to get their newest flagship on the U.S. market before fully backing their Samsung Pay Hardware/Software was probably a poor decision.

Why doesn't Verizon just tell us like it is and say something like, "Our agreement with Samsung does not contractually obligate us to enable the MST feature in our customers Samsung S6/Edge or Note Devices. This feature will not be enabled unless Samsung makes it worth our while."

No matter how poor that sounds, at least you wouldn't have customers getting their hopes up. And, it might just direct our efforts at Samsung instead. Or... it might make us sick to our stomachs because of how much "Balderdash" it is, that we spent $600+ on these devices, and we cant even use them to their full potential. All due to the fact that Verizon puts profit margins over their customers. It's simply disgusting. How dare you point the finger at Samsung?! You are the only company blocking this.

On second thought Verizon is probably better off keeping us in the dark because the truth of how disgusting they are will have us all running to AT&T.

Update: This is a family friendly re-post of my last "flagged/removed" comment that had the abbreviation of a cuss word and the Spanish word for the lower reproductive organs of a male in it. My apologies.

0 Likes
NYVET
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T is looking pretty good right now.

0 Likes
JLSKIP

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Please support Samsung Pay!

0 Likes
danjb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I registered on here just to post my dissatisfaction with Verizon dragging their feet on this. For every poster you see here, there's a 1000 who just wonder why Samsung Pay doesn't work on their phone like it does on their friend's AT&T phone.

Come on, you know you will enable this eventually, what other than pissing off your customers does it serve to drag your feet?

stanfna
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Pay is the #1 reason I purchased the S6. To many, Samsung Pay is just another version of Android Pay. However, with the addition of MST, Samsung Pay is in an entire different category. It is my opinion that Samsung Pay will soon become the payment method of choice and will surpass both Android Pay and Apple Pay.

I am fairly confident that you will not only lose myself and many others as a customers if you do not allow Samsung Pay, but you will DEFINITELY be limiting them number of new customers.

wperezlopez

may you please comply verizon we need this

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

danjb wrote:

I registered on here just to post my dissatisfaction with Verizon dragging their feet on this. For every poster you see here, there's a 1000 who just wonder why Samsung Pay doesn't work on their phone like it does on their friend's AT&T phone.

Come on, you know you will enable this eventually, what other than ******* off your customers does it serve to drag your feet?

And another 10,000 who don't have a Samsung device OR wouldn't use Samsung Pay even if they could, let alone Android Pay and/or Apple Pay!

0 Likes