Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
jimd1050
Enthusiast - Level 2

We WANT this Verizon... when I read the Samsung announcement on the Galaxy Note 5 page, I was thrilled - only to hear that Verizon will not offer it and every other carrier will. What's up with that guys? Re-visit this decision please? I really don't want to leave after 20+ years - but I will, AT&T is offering some great incentives and I wouldn't think twice!

0 Likes
Kcope316

I want to be able to enjoy all the features of my Samsung device please allow me to use the device I am paying for! Give us Samsung Pay!

0 Likes
MikeekiM

Adding my support and interest for Samsung Pay...

Not sure why this is even a question...  Let's have it! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Sparky13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess that depends on the definition of popular.  My other points remain valid.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sparky13 wrote:

I guess that depends on the definition of popular.  My other points remain valid.

In the case of Google Wallet, there was just as much uproar that Verizon didn't carry it as there is for Samsung Pay. There were probably MORE threads complaining about Google Wallet support than there are for Samsung Pay.

For what it is worth, I have used Google Wallet. I have used Verizon ISIS/Softcard. I have used Apple Pay via phone and watch. Doesn't matter WHICH I have used, in almost ALL cases the cashier had NEVER seen it done before. Popularity on forums does not equate to adoption of the technology in ANY of these cases, INCLUDING Apple Pay which is reported to be much more "popular" than any method previously in use. As government regulations take effect relating to credit card fraud lead more and more merchants to accept NFC payment methods, you will find fewer and fewer magnetic strip only terminals making the differences between these methods and Samsung Pay meaningless.

Still, I see no reason to think Verizon would not support Samsung Pay upon release.

Sparky13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would imagine that many of those threads were started after Google Wallet was officially released (although I could be wrong).  The nice thing about Samsung Pay is cashiers don't need to know a lick about it.  You just throw your phone up against the magnetic swipe and it does it's thing.  The cashier won't even know the difference if they looked away when you did it.  And the point remains the same that right now NFC is not widely supported, and it will take a while before 99% of retailers update their terminals to support it as the government regulations deadline is still a ways off.  So until then, give me Samsung Pay so I can use it at 99% of retailers as of Sept. 28th of this year!

0 Likes
mpacio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Verizon, support samsung pay now!

0 Likes
Sparky13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to clarify, Verizon has not made an official announcement about whether or not they will support it.  The only official statement we have from them thus far is that they are still "evaluating" it.  So there is still hope that they'll support it, and hopefully this thread and other publicity will help sway them in their decision.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sparky13 wrote:

The nice thing about Samsung Pay is cashiers don't need to know a lick about it.  You just throw your phone up against the magnetic swipe and it does it's thing.  The cashier won't even know the difference if they looked away when you did it.

The same thing goes with Google Wallet and Apple Pay. You just throw your phone up against the terminal and it does its thing. The cashier won't even know the difference if they looked away when you did it.

0 Likes
Sparky13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah I misinterpreted your intent with your original statement.  I thought that was the case but for some reason I thought you were saying the cashiers didn't know how to get the NFC to work.  My bad.  The rest of my statement still applies though.

0 Likes