Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

On the Samsung Pay site Verizon is not listed as a carrier that will be supporting Samsung Pay.  What is the official stance from Verizon on enabling this capability for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge?  Is there anything that is or will be restricting the capability to use the payment system?  The previously mentioned link mentions, "Over-the-air software update is required to download Samsung Pay. Availability may vary by service provider."  With the Stagefright Fix that other updates being pushed to S6 devices, assuming VZ will support Samsung Pay when would we expect the required software update from Verizon?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
Not applicable

Please see our official Samsung Pay discussion:

Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread

Thank you,

-Joe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Vixen650
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was going to make this same post. I just pre-ordered edge plus and this is one of the reasons I want this device

nlauinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Earth to Verizon...I want to buy a new phone but I am waiting for you to decide on Samsung Pay. If you are not going to support it, your long time customer will be switching carriers to one that does. Can you hear me now?

CJMIA
Enthusiast - Level 2

This a question Verizon seriously needs to answer, truthfully. The fact that every other network is ready to support Samsung Pay except Verizon is ridiculous. If they don't, you'll lose a customer, Verizon.

Beerman0484
Enthusiast - Level 1

They green lighted apple pay without any delay.  They have known that Samsung Pay was coming since April and they are supposedly still studying to determine if they are going to support it. If every other provider is on board, what could possibly be the hold up.  This is a great feature on a great phone, that if you don't support will create a very unhappy long time client. I will likely have to find a new provider if this is not supported.

Buzzsaw50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Answer the post Verizon ! I put a deposit down on a Note 5. I was looking forward to the Samsung Pay feature. Apple has it.... why are you hating on Samsung?? I refuse to buy an apple phone....

rhayes364
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regrettably, this IS a selling point for me.  If it's not there, I'll be moving on.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You all likely won't get an answer on here until a definitive answer is determined and announced. You could try asking CS but honestly you might do better following tech sites that discusses the subject.

JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

I've read several posts that mention Verizon is not a part of Samsung Pay.  Now that phones will no longer be subsidized, Verizon should just charge for wireless service and quit screwing up the devices with bloatwear, etc.  I hope Big Red sees fit to support Samsung Pay which is one of the reasons I bought the device.  Get with the program Verizon!

matrix86
Enthusiast - Level 1

My thought was that legally, if the device can connect to Band 13 700Mhz C-Block Spectrum, the FCC has a rule in effect for Open Network which means, Verizon can not block any device, or app, using the network. So in effect, they LEGALLY must adhere and let Samsung Pay allowed on these devices capable of that spectrum. Is that not the case? Do we really need to band together to start a petition to get Verizon's head out of their butts? They have absolutely NO right to block this app, as it will not cause security concerns to their networks (which is the reason why they block the ability to root...another bull crap decision). Dear Verizon, stop screwing over your customers who paid for these devices. This is NOT how to run a business. If I wasn't already stuck in a 2 year contract, i'd be flipping you the bird and leaving.