WiFi Calling not available for the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
Harpman58

It's amazing how Verizon releases a major update (12/15/15) regarding "WiFi Calling" for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, but not for the Galaxy S6 Edge+. The only difference between the S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ is the screen size.  So Verizon blames Samsung and Samsung blames Verizon.  Now we have a finger pointing game and I'm left without a solution. I use my S6 Edge+ to assist in running our help desk, so I need to be on the phone with a customer while checking their systems or creating a help desk ticket.  Our area has very poor 4G coverage, so I continue to get dropped calls. Verizon sent me a 3G WiFi extender to help with the issue, but I have to turn off Advanced Calling to use the 3G Network Extender. I refer to this in the industry as "Limp Along Technology". So I'm driving to a new customer location and have VZ Navigator (paid for service BTW), up and giving directions. I get a phone call from another customer and navigation goes bye-bye (no data). I can toggle Advanced Calling on an off, but that is a real PITA. We've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 10 years and even longer with Verizon FiOS (Old GTE).  So I have a recommendation for Verzion...Stop selling off your cell towers until you have a solid solution in place for your EXISTING customers. I don't expect Verizon to build any new 4G cellular towers near our satellite office, but at least give me a solution that will work with my "PAID" services with Verizon. WiFi calling would have provided that solution. Verizon historically has provided updates for their newest phone offerings first, so I decided to get the "latest and greatest" and be ready, but then they release the update for the 2 models prior to mine. I sure can't win here, can I?

Labels (1)
0 Likes