Why won't the HTC Droid DNA convert ringtone purchases to actual ringtone?
mbb2769

I purchased a ringtone from the Verizon store, received text containing audio file, saved it but it won't play in Music.  It says unable to play this type of audio file... what gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't the HTC Droid DNA convert ringtone purchases to actual ringtone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mbb2769 - Let's get your phone rocking! While the tone is unable to play, do you have an option to set it as the phones ringtone? It is possible the music player is unable to play the song yet the ringtone will play when set. Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to help further.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
mbb2769

Unfortunately it won't play as a ringtone either. The only time it plays is when you listen to it in the text. No other time does it play. Hope this helps and if you have any other suggestions on what to do then please advise.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Long press on the song/ring tone and select save as or use as ringtone.

In your setting under sounds look for the contact or default set as ringtone. If you click it scroll through the music ringtone files and set it. The method varies. Look in your manual or Google the process.

Good Luck

0 Likes
mbb2769

I've tried all those steps. It saves without issue. The only problem is that it won't play as an audio file once it's saved to the phone regardless of where you set it or save it. I think there is a problem with the music app that comes installed on my phone. Probably not an easy solution. I do appreciate your response though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mbb2769,

Bummer! Sorry to hear that the last few steps provided did not help. Is this the only ringtone that has been purchased for the device? If others have been purchased, are they functioning normally?

Was the ring tone purchased through the phone or online via My Verion?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes