Why won't my Droid Turbo 2 connect to my car's Bluetooth when it will connect to other Bluetooth devices?
TLMinPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to connect to my car's radio for hands free and to play recorded music/audiobooks through the car radio I get an error message that says "Couldn't pair with (device name) because of an incorrect PIN or passkey."

What PIN? What passkey? There are no options to ask or to check it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Droid Turbo 2 connect to my car's Bluetooth when it will connect to other Bluetooth devices?
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Usually, when you pair Bluetooth devices there is a PIN that os specified by either the device requesting the connection or the device accepting the connection. Some cars have this set by default to a 4 digit pin, like 1111 or something. What type of vehicle?

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Droid Turbo  2 connect to my car's Bluetooth when it will connect to other Bluetooth devices?
TLMinPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's an aftermarket Panasonic radio. My Droid Maxx worked fine but when I switched to the Turbo 2 it will connect with most things but not the car radio. I checked this morning and my new Verizon Ellipsis tablet has the same issue. It is on the same VZW account,

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Droid Turbo 2 connect to my car's Bluetooth when it will connect to other Bluetooth devices?
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Would you mind sharing the model number of the Panasonic please. Just want

to check if there are any known or reported issues with BT connectivity.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Droid Turbo  2 connect to my car's Bluetooth when it will connect to other Bluetooth devices?
TLMinPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I misspoke. It's a Pioneer FH-X720BT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have had the same thing happen with my after market car radio, TLMinPA . I found that if I deleted the old Bluetooth profile from my old device on the radio, that then I was able to pair my new Bluetooth device. Here is the User Manual where you can look up how to delete previous Bluetooth devices. http://bit.ly/1PXPCEc

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes