Why the 3 tones when making a call?
cefu63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently my phone has started to have 3 ascending tones every time I make a call.  I have the setting for roaming notification turned off and I have not changed any sound setting for this to happen.  Any idea?  I have an LG Lucid.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why the 3 tones when making a call?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sure it's the Call Connect alert - but on the Lucid I don't know how to enable or disable it!  Settings >> Notifications >> Possibly the ERI  - on our basic phones it was under that ... and Call Connect was an option to turn on or off.  I'm not seeing the option at all on my Android device, I wish I could be more helpful!

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hear that sound when I have it set to notify me that the connection is made for an outgoing call. Check call settings, notifications, call connection....our something similar.

cefu63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but I've looked all over for a setting like this and cannot find one!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cefu63,

That's odd. To verify, this is the regular ring that you hear on the other end when calling someone? Or is it actually coming from your phone itself? And does this happen on all calls?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

cefu63
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's coming from my phone.  It's similar to the "Verizon Wireless" roaming notification except of course I have it turned off.  Suzy Q was probably right on the money but for the life of me I cannot find anything to turn this sound off or what it is for.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sure it's the Call Connect alert - but on the Lucid I don't know how to enable or disable it!  Settings >> Notifications >> Possibly the ERI  - on our basic phones it was under that ... and Call Connect was an option to turn on or off.  I'm not seeing the option at all on my Android device, I wish I could be more helpful!

B33
Legend

Sometimes when you shut a Feature off try also shutting the phone down or Running a power cycle as like updates on a computer that go into affect after a shut down or a reset this may need to be addressed on your Device as Well..

Good Luck b33

0 Likes
cefu63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you are definitely on the right track! Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cefu63!

I am very familiar with the call connect setting. It is a series of 3 beeps when calling out, and the beeps indicate that the call has been connected. I have gone through all of the settings on this device and cannot locate a call connect setting. Please try Menu/Settings/Sound/ERI to see if that does the trick.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

B33
Legend

Hey ChristinaB I had actually tapped on the Feature your mentioning about didn't realize it and it shook my boots I figured how to shut it off and have not used it since.. but it can be useful if a person needs it.. Just to pass on too ya got my self a new Droid Maxx learning stuff every day and enjoying it..Take Care b

0 Likes