Why shouldn't I send my phone in, when it's under warranty?
marcmywords52

The verizon store said I shouldn't send in my Note 3 (it's under warranty) until I can determine whether or not my charging issues are caused by the phone, or the battery (but the Verizon store is out of stock of my battery). How can I determine if it's my phone or the battery, without a new battery? And why wouldn't I just send my phone in?

The physical store I went to told me they didn't have any batteries in the back, so I should order one online, come back, and return it, so that they would. Then I came home and the Verizon online store is out of stock of my battery. This seems like a really weird runaround.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why shouldn't I send my phone in, when it's under warranty?
Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

Note users like to stock up on extra batteries. Try Samsung's website? Honestly if you can't find a battery and you wanted to get a replacement through warranty just do it. Ultimately it's you decision. If you wait too long you won't be covered under warranty, unless you have the extended warranty. Then what do you do if you finally find a battery and you still have this issue?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

1 reason is if you send in the phone you retain the battery for the replacement phone. Batteries are easy to find all over the web from reliable sources as well.

second reason is Verizon will receive your phone and then start playing their games. They never received it, it is broken, it is water damaged, it is not the correct phone, etc... They do this to try to get the new cost of a phone out of you and they do it ALL the time.  If you do opt to send the phone back, make sure you send it using your own Fed Ex Label where you pay the few bucks to send it and you have the ability to track it and file a claim if it is lost. If you use Verizon's label, there is no insurance on the phone and you cannot track it as the contract is between FedEx, the USPS and Verizon and Verizon will not allow you tracking abilities on it

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

What issues are you having? I've owned a Note 3 for a while before, so I can try and help as much as possible.

Also, go onto the chat and go to "Device Issues" tell them you're having nothing but problems with your battery, and they will overnight one for free. At least, that's what I've gotten them to do for me before.