Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it.  If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
NoNoBadDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is only one channel; It is where offers, specials, promos, etc, are managed.

Having spoken with them, they have nothing for 90 days out.

It seems highly unlikely that it would suddenly appear in less than a week; that would not give the stores any time to set up signage, stock inventory, etc,  This includes sending updates to each Point of Sale system in the nation.

Since the stores have received no marketing or in store signage, no inventory (or indications of allocations for preorders), no training material on the phones, it is highly unlikely that we will see it.

AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc, already have everything they need to start accepting pre-orders.  They have been provisioned with their allocation of phones to sell, signage, promo material, etc.

So, while your source quoted something she thinks she saw, it was probably not anything internal to Verizon.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to see it released for preorder on the 21st with handsets arriving on the 28th.  By every indicator that I can find, it just ain't gonna happen.

0 Likes
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
StopWhiningPlease
Enthusiast - Level 2

NoNoBadDog, you asked a question and it is beginning to sound like you don't want to hear the answer. Before you discount everyone else's responses, why don't you call (call again, not go off of information you were told a week ago) and talk to Verizon yourself since you obviously have to hear it from an "official" source.

How about this one?

LG V20 Verizon™ Deals Are Coming Soon | LG USA

It doesn't provide an exact date, but says the promotion runs through 11/20. Its obviously going to run for some time before that date, which makes October 20th/21st sound real promising for at least a preorder announcement...Do you still think the phone is going to come out in January?

I fully believe you when you say that the information was not available when you talked to "channel" (whatever that is). But from the sound of it, apparently that information is available now.

Do you really think that Verizon is going to offer you information for devices 90 days out? Devices not yet announced publicly? What a joke.

At the very least, be patient enough to wait until the device is even available on the other carriers before complaining. What are you going to do? Switch carriors now and be without a phone for 2 weeks while you wait for your preorder to arrive? You act like it's already available.....

Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
garp01us
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon this morning and was told pre-orders will start 10/20/16 the phone will be released 10/24/16 from Verizon. I'll be calling first thing on the 20th to ensure I get a set of the $150 earbuds for free.

RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calm down, garp01us. Lol. According to the fine print, everyone who buys the phone during the promo period will get a set of earphones. Also, you won't be getting the earphones with the phone. It'll be like the Samsung promotion, where you have to submit your claim online and wait. Here's some of the text from the terms and conditions:

"Participants who purchase a new LG V20 during the Promotional Period

will receive a pair of H3 by B&O Play Earphones (“Earphones") if the submission is successfully

registered online on or before Friday, December 9, 2016 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Please allow

4-6 weeks for fulfillment of valid promotion requests."

0 Likes
VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

You couldn't give me a Pixel. You could give me a Cloud-dependent Pixel and a crate of Pixels to sell at a flea market to make some extra cash on the weekends.

0 Likes
pruqui
Enthusiast - Level 3

it's always like watching paint dry waiting for some info on a new phone

lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

I came across this just a little while ago. ☺️

Verizon to launch the LG V20 this week, ahead of other carriers

According to the article the V20 will be available online this Thursday and in stores on the 27th. I am so looking forward to this phone!

pruqui
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been through 2 note 7's and refuse to downgrade to a lesser samsung, a little nervous but looking forward for the V20

NoNoBadDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the V20 is the better of the two.  I was going to get the Note7, but when I read the reviews of the V20, both by itself and when compared to the Note 7, I knew I was going to wait for the V20.  Glad I did.  It also far outshines the iPhone 7 and the Google Pixle phones; neither of which I would ever consider. 

I called my local Verizon store this morning, the one where I usually do my business with Verizon, and they knew nothing about the V20 being available on the 20th.  I called Verizon Wireless Support, and was told then that the V20 would begin pre-order on the 20th, with deliver on the 26th, according to the associate I spoke with.

This is *AFTER* being offered on AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint, etc, in the US, South Korea, and Singapore, so the article cited by lhbert is wrong about Verizon offering it "first". 

I am happy that I finally have some hope of getting it before the end of the month.  Will preorder mine on Thursday.

GRETHO12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Huh....gonna order Thursday?? Not January, interesting.

0 Likes