Re: My brother's and husbands number sometimes gets rejected and sometimes it doesn't. Why is it doing this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello debgram1!

Thanks so much to the community for their input on this issue, the suggestions and questions were on point. I'd like to add some troubleshooting steps for you.

Most Smartphones have the abilit to reject a call while their contact is pulled up. So, please go to your contacts application, pull up your husband's contact information, and press Menu. Please let me know if you have the option to remove the number from the rejected list. You may have added the call reject accidentally. It's an easy mistake to make.

Keep me posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My brother's and husbands number sometimes gets rejected and sometimes it doesn't. Why is it doing this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

debgram1,

This is alarming. We never want you to miss a call from your family. Has this always been an issue for you on this device? Are they with Verizon Wireless? Do you have any other issues with anyone else and calls being rejected?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

It hasn't done it again, so far.

0 Likes
MajesticAcacia

I know this post is old, but my iPhone X started doing this with my ex (child's fathers number.). He is in jail, so the only way my child can talk is by accepting the call.  Did you have a fix? I have reset the phone, checked the blocked number setting, do not disturb settings, taken out the SIM card.

0 Likes
Re: My brother's and husbands number sometimes gets rejected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MajesticAcacia, I totally understand wanting to get help with this issue. We want your child to be able to stay in contact with their Dad. To help troubleshoot what's going on, I want to get a little clarification on some details. When your Ex is making his calls from jail, is he using a collect calling or phone card service? Are none of the calls coming through or some?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
PFFlyers
Enthusiast - Level 1

REJECT ≠ BLOCK!

I have plenty of blocked spam calls, and once accidentally blocked my sister.  It was easy to unblock.  Blocked calls you do not hear it ring.  It has a VERY SPECIFIC 🚫 icon.

Or when it does not ring, you forgot your volume is turned down.  

Rejected calls do not ring and have a very specific REJECT BLUE  icon.  They do not ring.   And I have googled and can not even find the blue emoji/icon.  

Every post makes the same mistake thinking that reject is synonmous with blocking or stupidity.  Believe me, when you are waiting for  your doctor to call for a tele- appointment and you watch it get rejected....they think you have stood them up because you can not pick up.  

It's not just an annoyance.    

Tags (1)
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes