Why is my device not timing out?
Gracierguy

I have the S5, and a couple days before installing the Lollipop update I changed my screen timeout to 30 mins because I didn't want my screen to turn off while looking at pictures for long periods of time. I didn't end up changing the timeout back before the update, so after installing Lollipop, it applied the 30 min timeout to my lock screen and I am unable to change it to a lower setting. I've tried changing the timeout settings under display and all sorts of variations of settings in the phone, and it works when I am actually past the lock screen, but lock screen still doesn't turn off until 30 mins passes.

The main problem with this is when my phone gets notifications in the middle of the night, the phone stays on for the full 30 mins and drains my battery if it isn't plugged in. Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't tried reverting back to Kit Kat to see if I can fix the issue, but I was just curious if there was another way to get around it before going through all of that. It would be really helpful if they would just add a timeout feature specifically for the lock screen so that I could adjust it there...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lock screen timeout issue after Lollipop upgrade - Galaxy S5
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

This has been reported on some other blog sites I recall seeing and the quick fix was to disable your lock screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lock screen timeout issue after Lollipop upgrade - Galaxy S5
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

This has been reported on some other blog sites I recall seeing and the quick fix was to disable your lock screen.

0 Likes