Re: Why is Verizon waiting on the Nexus 6? Should I jump?
NoteLover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because Verizon can. Its a monopoly.

tm3l_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been waiting on the nexus too ugh 😞

0 Likes
NoteLover
Enthusiast - Level 3

i think verizon will decide not to carry it....i been waiting forever and gave up.

0 Likes
tm3l_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh I hope not . that would mean I'd have to settle for the note 4

milidad
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, I've decided to jump.

Every other carrier has the decency to announce when these things are going to happen so that people can plan their purchases.

So... I've decided to jump to AT&T. It has better coverage in some areas important to me, and they treat me better with phone releases and updates.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

milidad,

We're saddened to see you want to leave us, we truly don't want to lose you. I understand why you're excited about new phones; however, we're unable to provide information that's not available. We don't want to set the wrong expectations, that would disappoint you and we definitely don't want to provide with incorrect information. You can receive email alerts to stay in the loop about new phones, plans or promotions. Here's the link to do so http://bit.ly/dDump.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bufedad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it's more than that isn't it.

You hold off on devices your subscribers want, because you are pushing your own devices and agenda.

Nexus 7? Nexus 6?

I'm just tired of the games Verizon plays because they want their devices to sell better.

It is well within Verizon's rights not to sell a device because they want to profit from another device more.

It is well within our rights to dislike that practice and leave. My milidad account is gone because I've already transfered that number to AT&T.

I'll be transfering the rest today.

Honestly, Verizon has a problem as (according to it's advice to analysts) they are losing customers this quarter faster than they have at any point in the last decade.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Source of the last statement?

reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

I just did a Google search and found 15 articles dating back to April as the first time Verizon loses customers.

Let's see, they just did a tricky little change to more of everything plan customers by not removing anything off the ETF for the first 8 months. When it used to be $10 a month.

Then I looked into the Edge Plan. (The edge plan is basically a scam anyway) The first time I looked into it, it was basically set up in a way every year you could upgrade to a new phone. Now the best you can hope for is every 18 months because you have to pay off 75% of the phone when it used to be just 50%. The monthly note wasn't goign to be cheaper by the time you add the phone in.

All of this being said, if it wasn't for their cellular service I would be gone. I am still considering being gone. I asked about the Nexus 6 in a Verizon store today and the guy blew up on me. Why can't you just accept what we have? We have Droid and no one else does? Does Droid make a tablet, I asked?

0 Likes
bufedad
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been widely reported. Verizon gave the announcement on Dec 9th. Wsj,

forbes, Foxbusiness. Not hard to find at all

0 Likes