Why is Verizon limiting access in the evening?
Mrwalleye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am on a hotspot only, only 10 days into my monthly plan, not over the alloted data but ..... is anyone else noticing that Verizon is limiting their access?  I know access slows down once it reachs a point but I find in the evening it cuts me off completely and I don't have access through my hotspot.  It is like they are limiting me... it does say limited ... excellent signal strength.

I have a tracfone that uses Verizon and when I hook up using my data it works fine, hook up WIFI through my hotspot .. it doesn't so ... this is account related from what I can see.

Verizon what is up?

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon limiting access in the evening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping you connected and providing the best speed is always our goal. I'm sorry you're having problems with your data speeds. We want to dive a bit deeper into this for you. When did this begin? Are others impacted? Is this happening at home only? Share details. We are here to help you.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
Mrwalleye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been going on last couple months, and it is slower than usual as well.  I am only one on account, haven't used it outside the home ... the hotspot.

It sounds like there are hourds of others on the community forum having similar problems.

If the speeds slow down or I am kicked off while using the hotspot .. why does this not happen when I am hooked up via data on my tracfone .. which uses the same tower?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, Mrwalleye. Does the device perform better after it is restarted?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes