Why does the top left corner of the screen on my Note 5 become unresponsive?
caleno_86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most apps have their "menu" icon on the top left corner of the screen. For some reason, at random times that corner becomes unresponsive. I have to restart the phone to fix this issue. Is there a fix for this annoying problem? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Re: Why does the top left corner of the screen on my Note 5 become unresponsive?
beth411
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Can Verizon check into this. The touch screen is nonresponsive and it is quite frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Why does the top left corner of the screen on my Note 5 become unresponsive?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to have access to your entire touchscreen, beth411/caleno.86. This can happen for a multitude of reasons, software issues, damage, screen protectors. Generally if a factory reset or checking any of the previous things does not work, it should still be covered by the manufacturer warranty. You may also want to reach out directly to the manufacturer with some device issues such as this.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
caleno_86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought TWO Note 5's (one for my wife and one for me) on Dec. 24th (less than a month ago), and both have the same issue. We have only installed basic apps that we had in our previous galaxy phones (which did not have the screen problem) so factory reset on two BRAND NEW phones is not helpful in this situation. Manufacturer warranty? I don't recall what it entails but being that its been only about 2-3 weeks since i purchased the phones that I should get BRAND NEW (NOT REFURBISHED) replacements for the current ones. Is this a possibility?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caleno.86

I certainly want to ensure you have the working devices you need! Outside of the 14 day Worry Free Guarantee, we can work on resolving this issue together and replacing the device via the warranty if we're unable to correct the behavior of the phone.

I know you mentioned doing factory resets and installing basic apps. Are there any apps in particular which have this issue? When did you notice this starting to happen? Have you been able to test the device in Safe Mode at all?

Here's the steps to turn Safe Mode on: http://vz.to/1OtUuwh Once in Safe Mode, test to see if the same issue occurs. Let us know the details and how this goes for you!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ms7038

That is a common defect with the Note 5. Take it back to the store and they will replace it.

0 Likes