Why does the V10 still not have Nougat?
DESIREEMCLAUGHLIN

Is it possible to get a representative from both Verizon and from LG to tell us why the V10 still does not have Nougat? I have seen conflicting answers to this question and would like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. Note: I am not even bothering to ask *when* until I know the answer to *if*.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does the V10 still not have Nougat?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's not going to get it.  It's 2/12 year old. They will no longer update it. You'll have to upgrade your phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DESIREEMCLAUGHLIN, I can certainly understand how important it is to have the latest software. Currently, we don't have an anticipated release date, but we would like to make sure that your device is working to your expectation. Please refer to the following link for our software release page for your device here: http://spr.ly/6585Djk51

Are you currently having any issues with your device that you would like some assistance with? What specific features are you looking to receive with the new software update? Our goal is to make sure that you have a device that meets your needs at all times.

Kevin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
glockman4519
Enthusiast - Level 1

There will be no update for the V10 to Nougat for Verizon. That has to be clear and not just a general post saying out V10's are 2 and a half years old so there for there will be no update to nougat. In reality, there are updates for this device to nougat on other carriers. This is one is several reasons I hate Verizon. If it were not for the fact that they are the only real viable carrier for the area that I love, I would have switched to a different carrier (like T Mobile) a long time ago.

Verizon only thinks about me, getting a new device, and not keeping a perfectly running device up to date. How do I know this? But their constant attempts to get me to get a new device through messages and emails. So say what you want but Verizon is the sole reason this device is not getting nougat, not LG.

I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers but I have been with this carrier for years and know how they operate very well.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's not getting nougat and if you hate Verizon switch carriers.

0 Likes
mattjans
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen to that. I'm angry to find out that other carriers are keeping this phone up to date but Verizon refuses!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes