Why do I keep getting an update error?
notrace34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried everything and my phone will not update to lollipop. Keep getting an error during install and then no changes made message after booting. I've cleared the cache...I have plenty of space..just resorted to factory reset and cleared the cache again. No changes. Very frustrating. .

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S4 lollipop update error
BarryHolroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

FIXED!

I eventually fixed this issue with Kies, which is the user-level app from Samsung that can upgrade/repair the OS.

After running Kies to "repair" my OS, I was able to run Verizon's Repair Assistant -- it installed I545VRUFNK1 but, like the Software update function on the phone itself, the Verizon Upgrade Assistant thought that I545VRUFNK1 was current for my phone (not true, of course).

This was apparently an issue on the server end, possibly related to the idea of rolling out the release to devices over time. I tried the Software update the next morning on my phone and it worked perfectly!

Barry

P.S. Be aware that you have to have a completely stock image installed before installing or upgrading Lollipop. See http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/13/psa-new-lollipop-ota-procedure-means-update-will-fail-system....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
notrace34
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is not rooted and never has been. The last minor update worked fine. Phone stud says official.

0 Likes
notrace34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried upgrade assistant on computer. ..says firmware not supported. Beyond irritated now.

notrace34
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first time I tried it showed 2 updates available. The first one said it was to prepare it for lollipop.That one went fine. This sucks.

notrace34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all of your help Verizon.....not. This is pure bs

drsky125

I have exactly the same issue. First updates went fine. The second one generates an error message during install. Factory reset did not help.

0 Likes
BarryHolroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here -- the exact same problem.

0 Likes
bkobren

Exact same problem here.  I have tried three times and get the same error.

0 Likes
vic32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish my phone wouldn't have updated lollipop,i've had nothing but problems with it since. I'm on here trying to see if others having same problem

0 Likes
jimmyg95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update  went fine for me tho 1 bug is when I press clear all in taskmanger but overall I have no issues with lollipop