Why can't Verizon port a number to a new phone and get it workin
KC6520

I have a lg k20 v for three days now and Verizon can't port a number to it and get it to work. what's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't Verizon port a number to a new phone and get it workin
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the number you are trying to port to the LG K20 V coming from another carrier? Were you assigned a temporary number to the phone originally? Prepaid or postpaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You don't port numbers to a new phone if you're staying in the same carrier. just activate the phone. I'm sure you were given instructions

0 Likes
KC6520

It had a number assigned to it when we picked it up and the number to port to it is from a track phone. I have spoken to Verizon several times and they say it should be working. When you look at the info unerr phone info it shows the number that was on it when we picked it up. I also checked the port status at Verizon and it says a port request for the number from track phone hasn't been received. I really don't know what to do next.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, I'm sorry to learn that you haven't seen your phone number transfer over just yet, KC6520. I definitely wouldn't want you to miss an important call and I'd be happy to help to point you in the right direction for help. It can take up to 72 hours for the number to transfer but it does sound like that time frame has been exceeded at this point. Please reach out to our port center at 888-844-7095 so we can get this fixed ASAP. Does this clarify?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes