Why can't I use a different voice mail carrier like Google Voice instead of the stock Verizon voice mail?
jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are apps on the store for just this purpose, so why limit the device's abilities?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I use a different voice mail carrier like Google Voice instead of the stock Verizon voice mail?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use Google Voicemail, YouMail, and other voicemail apps.  I use Google Voicemail, and I've used You Mail - over several different Android phones. 

View solution in original post

Re: Why can't I use a different voice mail carrier like Google Voice instead of the stock Verizon voice mail?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use Google Voicemail, YouMail, and other voicemail apps.  I use Google Voicemail, and I've used You Mail - over several different Android phones. 

rcschnoor
Legend

What makes you think it is limited? I also use Google Voice for voicemail. I have used YouMail in the past. There are others which are available.

Choose the one you prefer and go with it.

0 Likes
jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

when i tried to use it said my carrier wouldn't allow it

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The app itself can't automate the commands. You have to do it from dialer and input the conditional call forwarding yourself.

jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok so I did that and now every call goes straight to voicemail

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sound like you set up unconditional call forwarding. You have to set up conditional. Give me a second top see if I can find the tutorial I used many moons ago

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What steps did you take? It appears you dialed *72 before your Google Voice number which forwards ALL calls immediately. You should have dialed *71 which forwards all calls if not answered after a number of rings.

Verizon Wireless Call Forwarding Codes: Everything You Need to Know

jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, got it. Thanks for the kindness, stranger.

0 Likes