Why can't I send texts to short codes?
afowler860
Enthusiast - Level 1

Starting recently , If I try I get the message "Visual VM would like to send a message to <number>. This may cause charges on your mobile account"  If I don't allow the text fails.   I don't use VVM and don't plan on it.

Labels (1)
Re: Why can't I send texts to short codes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

afowler860,

Help has arrived! What model phone do you have? Did this begin after a recent software update? When was the last time you were able to send text messages to short codes?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gafzini
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have and Android with the 4.4.2 KitKat update there is a new "feature" that sets permissions on premium SMS (SMS to short-codes are considered PSMS).

Settings \ Apps or App Manager \ All \ Messages (or whatever your phone calls your default messaging app)...

under the Permissions section there is a drop down box for "Send premium SMS"

The options will be: Ask / Never Allow / Always Allow

"Never Allow" will cause messages to short codes to fail

xandra321
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU!    THANK YOU!

I have tried for months to find the fix to this, I knew it had to be in the settings.

Verizon tech support couldn't help me, I posted on this board a week ago and no one has been able to help me, and all calls to outside tech supports have failed as well.

You are spot on, that was the problem ...

Thank you!

Xandra

Tags (3)
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xandra, thank you for contacting us. What happens when you try to text exactly?

*Debbie

0 Likes