Why can't I receive group messages on my new Android when in a group with iphone users?
lsb312

I switched from iphone to Android and now can't receive group texts from my friends with iphones. I deactivated my apple account.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I receive group messages on my new Android when in a group with iphone users?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure all of your messages are working, jziemer. Since you previously had an iPhone, please visit this link to unsubscribe from iMessage: http://bit.ly/1sVAcRs

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I receive group messages on my new Android when in a group with iphone users?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do your friends have their iphones set to set as sms if imessage isn't available?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Do you have Wi-Fi turned on, on your phone? Group messages are sent using MMS messaging and it required Cellular Data in order to send or receive. If Wi-Fi is on, it will not recognize the MMS and you will not get them.  This only started happening when KitKat was rolled out as before it auto detected and changed to Cellular data for these. Now you need to do it manually

0 Likes
jziemer

I am having this same problem. I had an iPhone, through Verizon, before I switched to Samsung Note 2. From what I've read, it has to do with iMessage, which of course I no longer have. How do I remedy this???

0 Likes
jziemer

Is this a setting they CAN change?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure all of your messages are working, jziemer. Since you previously had an iPhone, please visit this link to unsubscribe from iMessage: http://bit.ly/1sVAcRs

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to get your group messaging working again jziemer! It is important to keep in touch together. What phone do you currently have? Is your iMessage off on your old phone? Does this happen with anyone if you send a group message to other people? Please share details to further assist.

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes