Why are blue rectangles appearing around app icons, and why am I required to swipe the lockscreen twice, click apps twice, and _try_ to swipe calls twice -- often losing the calls?
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Following the Kit-Kat update, my Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB and apps were running very slowly.

I did a power reboot, with no effect.  Then I did a hard reset.

Now blue rectangles appear around my app icons and I am required to swipe or click twice for every operation, even turning pages and answering calls (which often results in dropped calls).  Also, there seems to be a voice associated with each command.

What is the reason for this and how do I fix it?  Is it because of the hard reset?  The rectangles and additional swiping are annoying and also a source of call failures.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are blue rectangles appearing around app icons, and why am I required to swipe the lockscreen twice, click apps twice, and _try_ to swipe calls twice -- often losing the calls?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you turned on the Accessibility options. You will have to turn it off using the double tap and two finger swiping in the phone settings until it is turned off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why are blue rectangles appearing around app icons, and why am I required to swipe the lockscreen twice, click apps twice, and _try_ to swipe calls twice -- often losing the calls?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you turned on the Accessibility options. You will have to turn it off using the double tap and two finger swiping in the phone settings until it is turned off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had several Accessibility features turned on, perhaps a result of seeking hands-off functionality.

As soon as I turned them off, the phone was back to normal -- and faster than before!

Thanks, Ann. -- Bob

0 Likes