Why am I receiving an error message while trying to change my phone number?
amay4

So I have been trying to change my phone number for a few days now and every single time I get this error message, before i even start, "The activity you are trying to perform is currently unavailable. Please try again later."  I was hoping to circumvent the 15$  fee of doing it over the phone. Finally, I decided to do an online chat, the associate did not know why the error was occurring but informed me in order to change my number over chat, i would STILL have to pay the 15$ fee. Something struck me as so wrong there, so conveniently the change features and phone number part of the website was not working, however the view/pay your bill part was always working properly, never received any error messages there. I understood it was not the associates fault however. Still that is wrong. If it was not urgent I would wait. Yes I could have tried the number block, that section was not working either, but having to renew which numbers you want blocked every couple of months makes no sense to me, if I want something blocked, i want it blocked permanently not just for 90 days.  Yes I tried call/SMS blocker apps from the app store but they're faulty in that they still give you notifications of when the blocked person/number called/text or do not always block everything all the time. But when it came down to it, even the associate encountered the error message while trying to change my number. So why is this happening. Verizon is expensive but the reception is better however theirs always issues when I need to fix something. Its frustrating

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I receiving an error message while trying to change my phone number?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Verizon was having a problem on their end, perhaps a server down for some repair or updating. However you were already aware that there was an on-going problem in your own posting and you decided to continue on.I can understand you wanting this done and trying to save the $15.00 fee.  However I would have waited a bit longer until the Verizon issue had been corrected. Yes it is frustrating but again you know in advance of a problem , I can understand that this is most upsetting for you but never try to perform any change when a problem is there and I also do not like to do business on a weekend with no live tech support available.  I'm sure this will all work out for you if given some time.  Sorry. 

So I have been trying to change my phone number for a few days now and every single time I get this error message, before i even start, "The activity you are trying to perform is currently unavailable. Please try again later."     

0 Likes
Re: Why am I receiving an error message while trying to change my phone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to manage your account online is important amay4. Especially if it help's avoid being billed a fee such as the $15 number change fee. Did we change the number for you via chat? Did you verify your account was current? At times when an account is past due, certain changes can not be made online until the account is current.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes