Why Won't My Samsung J3v Camera Capture Better Pictures?
Selinauno
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a jewelry business where I go LIVE on cam and open oysters for paying customers so they will have a pearl to go in the many settings that I sell, and I'm trying to take pictures of the silver jewelry settings to put on my facebook store page, however, the pictures make the settings look gold instead of silver. And some of them even have a rainbow of colors on the jewelry that makes it look like they are colored instead of silver. I've tried every combination of settings that i can think of on there, and i can't get it to look silver. If i use the flash, then it is so bright that it washes out the detail and i just have a big silver blur. Smiley Sad  Does anyone know what settings to put it on to take pictures of silver jewelry and if they use an external light source, where to position the light so it does not wash out the pic or leave a shadow Smiley Sad 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung J3v camera, trying to shoot silver jewelry
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are using a phone with a 5MP camera. That is NOTHING compared to some phones with 4 or 5 times that. This camera is an old technology. To give you an idea Apple (who is always late on the hardware game) put a 5MP camera in their iPhone 4 in 2010. It is over 6 years old. When technology is that old then it is cheap. That is how you can get the Samsung J3V for $168 full retail price.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use a real digital or film camera?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are using a phone with a 5MP camera. That is NOTHING compared to some phones with 4 or 5 times that. This camera is an old technology. To give you an idea Apple (who is always late on the hardware game) put a 5MP camera in their iPhone 4 in 2010. It is over 6 years old. When technology is that old then it is cheap. That is how you can get the Samsung J3V for $168 full retail price.