Why Does My Device Tell Me I Have A Message Even Though There Are None?
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I seem to be having an issue. I see the same message alert on my home landing page, and no matter how many times I read and subsequently delete it, it remains on the page. I figure it's probably a system bug that's been on a Project Managers list forever. It would be very low on the list of items to fix and install because it's not critical and it doesn't impact any functionality, it's just very annoying. It reminds me of a commercial you can't fast forward through when streaming a movie, and the same commercial plays over and over and over again. It's a simple fix. Once a customer selects delete, the code can hide the message or permanently delete the message.

Verizon Tech Support - If this truly is a bug, since it's small, maybe you could fix for the next release???

Thank you for listening

mstjazzy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Does My Device Tell Me I Have A Message Even Though There Are None?
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good day to all,

Since the last time I logged in to Verizon Wireless and looked at My Verizon, the repeated message no longer appears. Once I deleted the message, maybe the system had to go through a complete cycle and I had to completely log out of My Verizon sessions on all devices.

Anyway, all is well for the time being,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you to experience any issues with your device and apps, mstjazzy59. We'd like to take a closer look together at the alert to make sure that it stops coming back. Some free apps have commercials that play throughout use of the app. What app is in use when this happens? Has this always been an issue? Is the app up to date?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Danielle,

I’m referring to the web site landing page after signing in (not via the app), as shown below. First let me say that I’m not trying to be the know-it-all customer.  I noticed something that as a user, didn’t make sense.

Recap: On each visit to the site the user is presented with offers available to them via a notifications box. After selecting View My Offers each offer is deleted.  After each subsequent sign in, the user is presented with the same offers that were previously declined.

I know you get people butting in and telling you what’s wrong with everything all day long.  I used to deal with the same thing.  I managed a credit/debit card product for over 125 financial institutions. I even hired a few previous Verizon customer support employees. I was the subject matter expert for programmers, web developers and project managers.  That role and 20+ years allowed me to see the perspective as the business and as the consumer.  As the consumer, I would expect the offer notification to be permanently deleted, even though the offer actually still exists.  As the business, I could see, that you don’t want the customer to lose out on an available offer, regardless if it was declined on a previous day.  Since the offer technically still exists, it will keep being presented until it is no longer available.

These would be my suggestions…

·        Customer signs in and sees the notification alert that “slides down”.

·        Customer selects View My Offers (Currently the customer only sees “Tell me more” or can X out. I personally don’t agree with how this is currently presented because if you X out, you’re not really declining anything, so the next window shouldn’t read “Are you sure you want to delete this offer”.)

·        Customer views available offers with the following options “Tell me more” , “No Thanks” or “Maybe Later” (New)

·        Based on the option chosen, the customer is directed down different paths. If No Thanks or Maybe Later are chosen, the notifications are available but hidden and no “alerts” are generated.  Notification counts are based on the offer type. Customer can click on the “bell” to view the different notifications.

·        If they choose to modify this process, have them give me a call. (Yeah right)

I’d add a check box that allows the consumer to opt-out of having the alert continually presented. E.g. “Don’t show this offer again” or “Hide this offer”.  By hiding the offer, it allows the consumer to view offers currently available to them without having an annoying daily reminder of it.  If and when they want to view their notifications they can.

So sorry for the length of my email and for allowing me to interject my thoughts of how the process should work if it were my product. Writing this was actually a lot of fun.  It took me back six months before I relocated and left my previous position.  I’ll post a portion of this email on the community board.

Thank you so very much.

Tamara [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good day to all,

Since the last time I logged in to Verizon Wireless and looked at My Verizon, the repeated message no longer appears. Once I deleted the message, maybe the system had to go through a complete cycle and I had to completely log out of My Verizon sessions on all devices.

Anyway, all is well for the time being,

0 Likes