Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told to use the search function for contacts...it's such garbage. 

0 Likes
Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
jamilynm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ridiculous reply.  have YOU tried contacting your own customer service department? "DUE TO UNUSUALLY HIGH CALL VOLUME...."    Oveer a week later it's not "unusual" What a joke.  None of those "solutions" work with this garbage KK DOWNGRADE.  It's horrible and doesn't WORK.    A phone that doesn't ring?  AWESOME!   A smartphone that I can't use?  FANTASTIC!   Dropped calls, loss of internet service, limited 4G ability?  GREAT!    This upgrade has so been helpful!   Booooooo

0 Likes
solomonerwin

Try this it wont fix the crappy interface but will help with the bugs you should back your phone up just in case.

• Boot into recovery

• Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option

• When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power

• When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”

• Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”

• When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.

• Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.

• Select "Reboot system now"

0 Likes
LiamS
Enthusiast - Level 2

My DNA is awesome. Oh, except that I can't make phone calls.

Haven't noticed a reception issue, but the person on the other end of any call I make can't understand a word I say. The mic is so badly muffled it's useless, but ONLY IN-CALL. Ran diagnostics, and it passes all audio tests, and my voice recorder app works just fine. FTR, the HTC One is having exactly the same issue, across all carriers.

I have to use a headset to use my phone. Something's gotta give.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LiamS,

We know it's important for all callers to hear you and you can hear them, so you don't miss a thing. I apologize for the problems so far. Does using speakerphone work? Have you tried using earbuds? Do any of these alternatives help? If not, please use Safe Mode http://vz.to/1gxLKb1 to try it and keep us posted.

Ada_S
Follow us on @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DUNLOP46

Same problem..went to my Verizon store, we tried everything. Finally they said contact my Auto Dealer and see if there was a Firmware Update available. There was, I took it..BUT to no avail.

Can receive calls and make calls by manually hitting a contact button..BUT NO VOICE COMMAND.

I can no longer in all good conscience recommend this phone to ANYONE!!

0 Likes