Where are the NFC Advanced Settings Galaxy S5 Lollipop
storm180

For a NFC lock I have, I need to change the NFC Processing Method but I do not have advanced settings in the menu.  Even though when I click help on the device itself and select tap and pay it says for the help category it says:

To change your default processing method, go to setings > NFC > Advanced Settings.

Which NFC isn't even it's own menu off settings.  I have been in developers setting and other went through the other settings and I am not finding it.

Anyone have any idea where it is?

Lisa

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are the NFC Advanced Settings Galaxy S5 Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
storm180, that is a fantastic question. I had to actually hunt for the NFC settings myself. But, I was able to locate the information you are looking for. With the new update would need to go into Settings, More Networks, and tap on NFC. This should be able to take you to the screen that you are looking for. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
storm180

I was already there and there is no advanced settings either on the three dots above or in the menu.

All that is there is

Android Beam on or off

S -beam on or off

Tap and Pay which opens another menu but no advanced features anywhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
storm180,

Thanks for checking. Taking a look at the device this setting definitely does not appear to be present. Just to be sure, can you please verify your current System Version? What model of NFC lock are we working with? It may not be supported with your current device or your device software. Is this an accessory that you purchased with us?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
storm180

Build number is LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4 which is the latest version of lollipop.

My lock worked just fine when my phone had kit kat on it.  This is not an accessory that I purchased through Verizon, it was through Assa Abloy locks.  The advanced feature that is missing on the build of this version of lollipop would allow me to select either the android or se sim card version of NFC.  It was in kit kat and I did have to change it to android method to work with my lock.    I would assume the default of NFC method on this build is falling to the se sim card because my lock no longer works.

0 Likes