When will the new moto x get advanced calling 1.0? Will this enable me to browse the internet while on a call?
mjb0002

Based on what I have been reading, the new moto x will get this feature, but I just wanted to make sure.  Is there any timetable for this?  Will it enable me to browse the internet while on a call?  Any help is much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will the new moto x get advanced calling 1.0? Will this enable me to browse the internet while on a call?
rcschnoor
Legend

Only to another Advanced Calling 1.0 device while on that type of call.

0 Likes
Re: When will the new moto x get advanced calling 1.0? Will this enable me to browse the internet while on a call?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

That's basically good question.  It's a volte call so your using lte or WiFi while on that type of call. Any other call yes but I would guess not yet on volte call but I haven't tried it yet. Vzw would love you to use amap data though

0 Likes
Re: When will the new moto x get advanced calling 1.0?  Will this enable me to browse the internet while on a call?
Not applicable

Not sure what amap data is but anyway  VoLTE calls count against minutes not data. Even if it did count against data you'd have to be on the phone 6 hours a day every day to use 1 GB month.

0 Likes
Re: When will the new moto x get advanced calling 1.0?  Will this enable me to browse the internet while on a call?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

As much as possible.  If you're using video aspect of ac 1.0 uses 6-8 Mb/min of lte data. On WiFi you're good but once out of range changes to lte if available.  Right tho HD calls without video just use plan minutes

0 Likes
Not applicable

And if you're using Skype or any other video calling app it counts against your data too. I suspect people using the video calling feature would likely be using wi-fi regardless. Personally I have little desire to use video calling. Seemed cool when it was on the Jetsons when I was a kid. not so much now.

0 Likes