Don't count your chickens....the plan is to go into the store and make sure

they have some available, and if so, verify mine hasn't shipped out and if

it hasn't, cancel the preorder and then purchase the phone I'm holding in

my hands.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-order?
ScottWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, she offered the bundle for $50. Basically to change the subject.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The problem results, though, that AFTER you cancel the preorder people have reported that they are not eligible for an upgrade. Their eligibility sometimes takes a couple of days before it shows up in the system again as being eligible. Whether or not you are holding an S5 in your hands means nothing if the system doesn't show you as eligible for a discounted upgrade and you are unwilling to pay full retail for the phone. That's why I don't get why people pre-order THEN try to pick up their phone in the store instead of simply waiting for their phone.

There are multiple posts on these forums with people having this exact problem when attempting to do what you are planning.

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

How would I not be eligible now when I've been out of my contract since

January?

0 Likes
Nickxc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea I will be going to store friday to pick it up, never would do preorder as dont like to wait, and dont think they will sell out that fast in stores.

0 Likes
aspiller98
Contributor - Level 1

AT&T is better in my area

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
NGorbet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered mine from radio shack; it is reserved for me and I will walk into the store Friday and pick it up... It is also $100 cheaper than going through verizon (total cost of $150, without having to wait for a rebate).

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I didn't say you wouldn't be eligible. I said it sometimes takes a day or two for Verizon's computer system to recognize you as eligible if you cancel an order/preorder. As soon as you place the pre-order, you lose your eligibility and/or the system is locked out from additional orders UNTIL your order/preorder is complete.

When you cancel an order, Verizon's system sometimes takes a day or two(especially during high volume periods) before it recognizes you as being eligible AGAIN. I never said you wouldn't get your eligibility back. I simply said it MAY not be instantaneous.

Regardless, it makes no difference to me. Go right ahead and do what you are planning. I was SIMPLY pointing out some people trying to do EXACTLY what you are planning to do have experienced this problem, or at least posted on these forums that they experienced this problem. I suppose it is possible they were not being completely truthful. I don't care what you do. Just thought I would point out you MAY end up being quite aggravated if you cancel your pre-order, can't immediately purchase a discounted phone after doing so AND can't re-submit your pre-order for a couple of days.

Good luck.

0 Likes
NGorbet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered mine from radio shack... they reserve it for me and I walk into the store Friday and pick it up and its 100 cheaper than ordering from Verizon ($150 without having to wait for a rebate).

rcschnoor
Legend

Regardless of the phone in question, people ALWAYS report being able to pick up today's hot phone on release day.

I've seen it happen in my area with ALL the hot phones.Smiley Happy

0 Likes