When is verizon going to push out the update to fix the security issue with android devices being hacked via mms?
uhhuh1111

When is verizon going to push out the update to fix the security issue with android devices being hacked via mms?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When is verizon going to push out the update to fix the security issue with android devices being hacked via mms?
TedETGbiz2
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're talking about the Stagefright problem for everything from Android v2.2 forward.  There's a free app in the Play store by one of the virus vendors to confirm the problem, and there are steps you can take to make a hack less than automatic, though it can still happen:

Stagefright Detector - Android Apps on Google Play

Apparently some carriers and devices already have the patch; I'm posting this trying to get Verizon's attention.  If you call support they send you to Samsung, and Samsung (for Galaxy & other similar phones) acts like they have never heard of it.  In reality, the Android patch has been available from Google for months.

My company spends hundreds/month for phones that are now completely hackable in seconds... how's that for a deal??

0 Likes
Re: When is verizon going to push out the update to fix the security issue with android devices being hacked via mms?
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

Ted, which Verizon phone do you have? The Note 4, Note Edge and Galaxy S5 are all supposed to be getting it today. I just got the stagefright exploit patch OTA for my Verizon Note 4 this morning.

Baseband version:

N910VVRU2BOG5

Kernel version

dpi@SWDE2205 #1

Fri Jul 31 15:43:53 KST 2015

0 Likes